Patching Guide for TS2009, TS2010 and TS12

I followed your recommended manual patch. I'm now updated to Ver: 49933, via first patching to 42203, and now everything works as it should. Many, many thanks for all your help and advise.:D

Hi guys I am having trouble installing the patch 49922. I installed the first patch ok, 48249 and when I try to install the second patch 49922 I get this error message.

One or more trainz related executable s are currently running. blah blah blah close and retry.

I did just install my trainz copy on a new computer does this matter?

thanks

Welcome to the forums.

The error also gives you the solution.

Trainz cannot be running when patching it - if you are using a manual patch (i.e. manually downloading the .exe file from the Internet), Trainz must be completely closed.

Shane

Hi guys I am having trouble installing the patch 49922. I installed the first patch ok, 48249 and when I try to install the second patch 49922 I get this error message.

One or more trainz related executable s are currently running. blah blah blah close and retry.

I did just install my trainz copy on a new computer does this matter?

thanks

A new computer doesn't matter. I've just got TS12 and had the same message. Just click OK and install a second time without exiting the patch screen. This works.

That error basically means that you've got part of Trainz running when it shouldn't be. This may be Trainz itself, Content Manager, Content Creator Plus, or TrainzUtil/TADDaemon. This needs to be checked using Task Manager (and closed if any of the above is running).

Shane

Hey Shane, I have TS2010 build 43361 so far as I can see there are no patches for this. Can that be right?

I keep two installations of Trainz on my computer. One is for workings and creation, the second is my "virgin" installation that gets only items from the DLS. I have tried to update both with these results:

Working Installation gave me this:

Ready to install from local patch file.
Current version: 49922.
Checking for available disk space for patching.
Unpacking patch file...
Patching from 49922 to 57720...
Could not open patch file Builtin\ts12a.ja for reading.
Failed to restore backup file E:\Program Files\Auran\TS12\Builtin\ts12a.ja
Failed to apply the patch: 49922_to_57720
Patching aborted.

Virgin Installation gave me this:

Unpacking patch file...
Failed to patch Builtin\ts12b.ja, file contents do not match
Patching aborted.

Any suggestions?

Dap

Last edited:
I have exact the same problem. Is there any solution around?
Unpacking patch file...
Failed to patch Builtin\ts12b.ja, file contents do not match
Patching aborted.

That indicates that something's not right with the ts12b.ja file. A reinstallation (remembering to backup your UserData folder first) and auto-patch should sort that issue out.

Shane

That indicates that something's not right with the ts12b.ja file. A reinstallation (remembering to backup your UserData folder first) and auto-patch should sort that issue out.

Shane

I have deleted every Trainz file in the folder including my UserData folder (after backing it up) and I am still getting the same error message.

Unpacking patch file...

Could not open patch file Builtin\ts12a.ja for reading.

Patching aborted.

And what is this autopatch? Would love to get this issue sorted out before this version of Trainz becomes obsolete! Do I need to submit a HelpDesk request?

Dap

The autopatch facility is in-game - as long as you have your username and password in the Trainz Options box, it should prompt you on startup (or you should get a Patch Trainz button in the Planet Auran tab of the Trainz Options box). Note that the auto-patch will also install SP1 and the hotfixes.

As for the error, that sounds like it's having trouble reading that .ja file, although the auto-patch will give you a retry/cancel box just in case it's a one-off error.

A helpdesk report may also help in case it's an issue with that specific patch.

Shane

"So if it stop's at 50%, is it still going but no showing right?"
Yes - it can hang there on that 50% complete indicator for a very long time, though it is still in fact working.
Try not to interrupt these installations - they certainly take more time than most people realise.
Hang in there! PC

That's correct. At around 50%, the patcher starts processing the built-in .ja files. Each of these are around 1GB in size, and the older patchers (up to the TS12 SP1 hotfixes) were unable to show the progress of each individual file at that stage due to the way the .ja files are processed. However, the TS12 SP1 hotfix patches do correctly show the progress.

Shane

Hi Shane, can you suggest a fix for the following error? Failed to create backup of file C:\Program Files\N3V Games\TS12\bin\DebugInterface_7c.dll.pbk
Failed to apply the patch: 49922_to_61388. Thanks, Gam

That error seems to be cropping up a lot lately. Check if it's rolled back to 49922, then you may need to use my Permission Generating Tool to take the possibility of it not having permission out the equation, before re-trying.

Shane

Back