Broad Gauge screenshots

General locomotive in Broad Gauge???

In looking through this post, I saw 2 replys earlier in the year about the U.S. locomotive General. About the time of those posts I began creating the General for Trainz.

I made the General in 2 versions, Civil War and "Museum". Both are "standard gauge" only because of the lack(???) of Broad gauge track. In leaving other posts concerning this issue, it was decided to leave the Civil War version as Standard Gauge for asthetics only. The "Museum" version was always Standard Gauge in real life.

I can make another version of the Civil War in Broad gauge upon request. I would leave the (almost ready for release) C.W. version standard gauge.

Opinions?

Keep in mind (Trackplate) that the engine you showed is the Standard Gauge (Museum version) engine! The Civil War version (soon to be released) should be the Broad Gauge.

Broad gauge vs Standard gauge, we are only talking 3 inches wider aren't we? Would that be noticeable enough to make an entire version Broad gauge? Hmmmm.....

Broad gauge vs Standard gauge, we are only talking 3 inches wider aren't we? Would that be noticeable enough to make an entire version Broad gauge? Hmmmm.....

As best as I understand US and UK broad Gauge tracks where totally different with the Ohio Broad Gauge at 4' 10" the Erie 6', the Missouri and Texas 5' 6", and the South Carolina Railroad 5' in the UK Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s broad gauge was 7 ft 0¼ and standard gauge at 4 ft 8½ in so in the UK a lot more than 3” difference

And here I am working with Irish/Victorian Railways/South Australian Railways broad gauge (5ft3in) :p

Anyways, here is a pic of Zs301 on a ways and works train. All rolling stock, plus the loco, are on broad gauge bogies :)
Zs301-ww_train_wood.jpg

Zec

As best as I understand US and UK broad Gauge tracks where totally different with the Ohio Broad Gauge at 4' 10" the Erie 6', the Missouri and Texas 5' 6", and the South Carolina Railroad 5' in the UK Isambard Kingdom Brunel’s broad gauge was 7 ft 0¼ and standard gauge at 4 ft 8½ in so in the UK a lot more than 3” difference

I'm talking US Broad gauge, (5'). Did some Gmaxing and took a look at the difference. It is noticeable, (a Standard Gauge engine sitting on [5'] Broad gauge track). May, or may not do the Civil War General in Broad Gauge. Probably will eventually.

Terry

Hmmm, just remembered this one. Would be good to see BG get some more publicity!

V507-crosses-a-flood-channel-bridge.jpg

V507 leads a down Strzelecki goods across one of the many flood channels near Koo-Wee-Rup :)

Zec

During the civil war in the US, a number of cars and locomotives were built that were called "variable" gauge. Now what this meant was they had extra wide tyres on the wheelsets that would allow them to work on the standard and the broad gauge. Curiously, Lincoln's funeral train was comprised of locomotives and cars of this type.

Back