How to make "Grouped Asset"?

lrt505

Light Rail Trainz
Sorry for question again. I am making assets of scenery components. After that, I want to create assets that make reference of the assets and be the assembly of the component assets. Simply speaking, I want to make "Assets of Grouped Assets". How can it be done?

One way is to put all your meshes and textures into a type of asset known as a 'mesh library'. Individual assets then simply reference the appropriate mesh contained in that library.

I recently made a series of railroad sleepers using this method. Have a look on the DLS for kuid2:68213:28007:1 which is the mesh library, and kuid2:68213:28008:1 up to 28031:1 for the various assets referencing back to the library.

kuid2_68213_28014_1.jpg
kuid2_68213_28025_1.jpg
kuid2_68213_28030_1.jpg

Another method is to make your multi-component asset a Kind buildable. I've never made one like that, but I think the idea is to have all the component meshes in the one asset folder. The mesh-table in its config file references each of those meshes to assemble the final asset. Many of Bendorsey's bridges are done this way.

Last edited:
Back