Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Prowler901's D&RGW & TS12

I've managed to get the Prowlers k-27 K-28 and K-36 mikados to work but I'm still having trouble fixing the errors on some of the rolling stock and I can't find some of the dependencies for the other locos such as Clear Lake 60 ton Shay and K-37 494 if anyone knows how to correct those errors and find the missing dependencies for the other Prowlers content please let me know

Gonna have to be more specific Ryan, I have both the Shay and #494 up and running in TANE. What seems to be your problems?

Oh, checked in TS12 and it looks like the Shay has a gary_hoorn asset listed in the kuid-table <kuid:67810:54015> but the asset is not used anywhere else in the config.txt. I checked my TANE version and that is not listed as a dependency there so I suggest you delete it from the kuid-table and see if that fixes it for you. Looks like I didn't get the K-37s working in TS12 but there ought to be a way if I got them working in TANE. Tell me your errors.
    California is not turning back. Not now, not ever!

I'm currently in the middle of taking my conductor training classes by finishing up on a week module but I will get around to giving you the details on all of my errors this weekend on Sunday
    Last edited by RyanJReed; October 11th, 2018 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJReed View Post
    I'm currently in the middle of taking my conductor training classes by finishing up on a week module but I will get around to giving you the details on all of my errors this weekend on Sunday
    No worries, I'll be hangin' around until I ain't.

"Togog" on the DLS has brilliant DRGW content that is a way more updated than Prowler901's. I honestly love his content and he does have a lot of different locomotives too. He doesn't have DRGW freight cars though so getting Prowler's working was a must for me. His were actually super easy to get working too. 4-6-0 #20 was really the one loco I wanted to get working, but I couldn't manage to. I WISH someone would either update his content or just make new content. I mean we have like no TS12 and up DRGW narrow gauge stuff at all. Most of it is TS2009 and back.

Also, tell me if any of you can get #20 working cause I will definitely try then.
    Last edited by MTH_ELECTRIC_TRAINS; October 11th, 2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Now waiting for TRS19 to go on sale. I use USD values for money. Also volunteer on the Colebrookdale Railroad.

I've got #20 working in TANE but I have no idea how I fixed it, it was several years ago.

I went back and checked in TS12 and as I remember there was a missing texture and what I did was search all the other #20 files and found the texture and copied it in. I think, not for sure, but I think that's what I did.
    Last edited by normhart; October 11th, 2018 at 10:42 PM.

Blog Entries

I see a Sonic-themed billboard in the foreground. That's a cool easter egg in the Timber Ridge Line. I wonder if Klinger has a knack for Sonic the Hedgehog and couldn't resist putting one of the series' characters in his route. Just thought it be worth mentioning.

FWIIW Prowler the tiger is the mascot of Colorado College in Colorado Springs.

Blog Entries

And Miles "Tails" Prower is the mascot of Prower, CO.

Post Faulty Clear lake Shay and K-37

I'm back I was able to finish my class early here are the problems with the Shay and K-37
    Clear Lake 37-2 Shay
    Missing Dependency <kuid:67810:54015> is unknown.
    Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
    Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
    Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_cl_shadow\37-2 shay_cl_shadow.pm'
    Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_cl_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_cl_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 Tender Truck
    Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_bogey_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_tender_bogey_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 #494
    Error: Dependency <kuid:42955:50012> is unknown.
    Warning: Required tag 'velocity' was missing and has been set to default.
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/interior_green_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
    Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.texture.txt'.
    Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
    Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
    Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'
    Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
    Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
    Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 #494 Tender
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_tender_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/interior_green_dk.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay
    Missing Dependency <kuid:67810:54015> is unknown.
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_shadow\37-2 shay_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/red.tga' is a uniform color.
    Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Cylinder Block
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_cylinder_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_cylinder_bogey_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Fwd Connection Shaft
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_fwdconn_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_fwdconn_bogey_shadow.pm'

37-2 Shay Lead Truck
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_bogey_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Rear Connection Shaft
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_rconn_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_rconn_bogey_shadow.pm'

37-2 Shay Trailing Truck
    Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_trl_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_trl_bogey_shadow.pm'
    Warning: The texture 'engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.

I hope this can be fixed

OK Ryan have you ever used PEV Tools? Have you used AssetX?

At this point it looks like the errors are easily fixed but you are gonna need the right tools.

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tuto...t-trainz-tools

It is worth taking some time to read the instructions.

You are also going to need some time to understand the config.txt file and how it works. But if you make copies before you start you can't really break anything.

If you are up to speed with these tools we can get started.
    Last edited by normhart; October 13th, 2018 at 08:32 AM.

There's several download choices which one do I choose for the right tools?

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJReed View Post
    There's several download choices which one do I choose for the right tools?
    Gotta get them all! But seriously AssetX, images2tga, PM2IM, and Quick Shadows.

Last edited by normhart; October 13th, 2018 at 12:06 PM.

I'm all set with all the required tools and I'm ready to get started if you have a YouTube channel can you make a demonstration video of how all these tools work?

Yeah I was never really motivated that much to use all those programs to fix his assets. In my opinion it would take much too long.
    Now waiting for TRS19 to go on sale. I use USD values for money. Also volunteer on the Colebrookdale Railroad.