Prowler901's D&RGW & TS12

I've got #20 working in TANE but I have no idea how I fixed it, it was several years ago.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I went back and checked in TS12 and as I remember there was a missing texture and what I did was search all the other #20 files and found the texture and copied it in. I think, not for sure, but I think that's what I did.

Last edited:
I see a Sonic-themed billboard in the foreground. That's a cool easter egg in the Timber Ridge Line. I wonder if Klinger has a knack for Sonic the Hedgehog and couldn't resist putting one of the series' characters in his route. Just thought it be worth mentioning.

Faulty Clear lake Shay and K-37

I'm back I was able to finish my class early here are the problems with the Shay and K-37
Clear Lake 37-2 Shay
Missing Dependency <kuid:67810:54015> is unknown.
Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Warning: Progressive meshes are no longer supported by Trainz. Though these meshes may work in Trainz, it is recommended that you switch to a LOD mesh.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_cl_shadow\37-2 shay_cl_shadow.pm'
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_cl_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_cl_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 Tender Truck
Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.9 are no longer supported.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_bogey_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_tender_bogey_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 #494
Error: Dependency <kuid:42955:50012> is unknown.
Warning: Required tag 'velocity' was missing and has been set to default.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/interior_green_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab-k-36_cab.texture.txt'
Error: Unable to load primary texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior.tga' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
Error: Unable to load alpha texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab.bmp' for texture file 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'.
Error: The primary and alpha texture are not the same size for 'd&rgw_k-37_body/k-36_cab_interior-k-36_cab.texture.txt'
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

K-37 #494 Tender
Error: Unable to load mesh file: 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_shadow\d&rgw_k-37_tender_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/dark_gray.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture 'd&rgw_k-37_tender_body/interior_green_dk.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay
Missing Dependency <kuid:67810:54015> is unknown.
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_shadow\37-2 shay_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black_dk.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/engine_white.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/red.tga' is a uniform color.
Warning: The texture '37-2 shay_body/s_win_a.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Cylinder Block
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_cylinder_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_cylinder_bogey_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'engine_black.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Fwd Connection Shaft
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_fwdconn_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_fwdconn_bogey_shadow.pm'

37-2 Shay Lead Truck
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_bogey_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.

37-2 Shay Rear Connection Shaft
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_rconn_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_rconn_bogey_shadow.pm'

37-2 Shay Trailing Truck
Error: Unable to load mesh file: '37-2 shay_trl_bogey_shadow\37-2 shay_trl_bogey_shadow.pm'
Warning: The texture 'engine_black_lt.tga' is a uniform color.

I hope this can be fixed

OK Ryan have you ever used PEV Tools? Have you used AssetX?

At this point it looks like the errors are easily fixed but you are gonna need the right tools.

http://trainz.shaneturner.co.uk/tutorials/index.php/home/utilities/pevsoft-trainz-tools

It is worth taking some time to read the instructions. :D

You are also going to need some time to understand the config.txt file and how it works. But if you make copies before you start you can't really break anything.

If you are up to speed with these tools we can get started.

Last edited:
I'm all set with all the required tools and I'm ready to get started if you have a YouTube channel can you make a demonstration video of how all these tools work?

All I'm asking is which program should I use to fix all my faulty assets what is the name of the program because I can only use Trainz 12

You need to use all of those programs as required depending on which error you are trying to correct. It is a multi-step process that is very long and tedious. I know because I went thru it and it took several sittings with a lot of trial and error. I did it because I am so crazy about Colorado narrow gauge and just couldn't give up. For me it was well worth the effort. Curiously I think I have all of his content currently working in TANE, but there are some things I still need to fix to work in TS12. There are a few models that still need engine and sound file adjustments as they generate no chuffing when they run.

Also, tell me if any of you can get #20 working cause I will definitely try then.

It seems that the problem with this engine is that the frame mesh has a normal bump map texture assigned to it but the material type used does not support it. I got it to work by making a change in the frame mesh file with a hex editor. The process is discussed here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?107857-Texture-error-for-RGS-20-Frame .

Paul :)

I gotcha so all I'm asking for is one of you make a YouTube video on how to use those fix programs to fix Trainz content if anyone here on this Trainz forum uses Trainz 12 I would appreciate it if you make a video on how to fix errors on the Prowler901 Trainz K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay

Last edited:
As far as that video I've already fixed the K-27s K-28s and K-36s all I'm asking for is how I fix K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay and more specifically how to use the AssetsX program to fix them

As far as that video I've already fixed the K-27s K-28s and K-36s all I'm asking for is how I fix K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay and more specifically how to use the AssetsX program to fix them
What is the error you are trying to fix? There is no one single overall fix - it depends on the asset and the error. AssetX doesn't fix everything - sometimes you have to use other tools. See:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz/AM&C/Fixing_Assets

Back