Prowler901's D&RGW & TS12

wetdog707

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten Prowler901's content to work with TS12.
I just downloaded it and none of the engines or rolling stock will work =(
If anyone knows any special tricks to get the content to work that would be awesome!

Thanks!

I've corresponded with a trainzer who is not big on the forums, but he has told me he has managed to make that content work. He never told me how he did it, and is kind of out of touch for a while so I can't tell you how he did it. So this is sort of a Rah!rah! don't give up on it. His screenies and videos looked good. It can be done and is worth the effort.

Bernie

Hey guys,
I was wondering if anyone has gotten Prowler901's content to work with TS12.
I just downloaded it and none of the engines or rolling stock will work =(
If anyone knows any special tricks to get the content to work that would be awesome!

Thanks!

Strewth its ages since I did these or most of them, If I remember correctly there is a missing black TGA file and texture.txt file in the invisible bogies, it uses a pm file for the invisible bogies, plus a few other config errors to sort out easy way is to run it through Pev's AssetX for the non texture errors.
If I've remembered correctly the missing TGA needs creating an 8x8 black tga or any tga actually will do as it's not actually seen and a texture.txt file needs creating.

There was also I think a texture.txt file in the tender that didn't have a TGA that had to be deleted, sorry can't be more exact as it was some time ago, I know most of the errors were the same so once one was sorted its easy to do the rest.

if you post a couple of the errors, If someone else doesn't beat me to it which they probably will, should be able to work out from what I've got here what needs doing changing deleting or adding!

I'll get to posting some of those errors asap!
Thanks for the help!
I'm still learning with the actual programming aspect of TS, I've messed around with some of it but I've still got a lot to learn.

Strewth its ages since I did these or most of them, If I remember correctly there is a missing black TGA file and texture.txt file in the invisible bogies, it uses a pm file for the invisible bogies, plus a few other config errors to sort out easy way is to run it through Pev's AssetX for the non texture errors.
If I've remembered correctly the missing TGA needs creating an 8x8 black tga or any tga actually will do as it's not actually seen and a texture.txt file needs creating.

There was also I think a texture.txt file in the tender that didn't have a TGA that had to be deleted, sorry can't be more exact as it was some time ago, I know most of the errors were the same so once one was sorted its easy to do the rest.

if you post a couple of the errors, If someone else doesn't beat me to it which they probably will, should be able to work out from what I've got here what needs doing changing deleting or adding!

Malc,

I got mine working ages ago too when I was using TRS2009. I remember finding another black.tga which I copied to the bogeys as required. The missing texture was something like water level or something like that. Like I said it's been a while too since I did that myself.

John

So I've been messing around with one engine in the content manager and have made a bit of progress.
Whether this is the right way to go about this or not I started by deleting all the errors with the engine and its internal parts, this made it so that it actually showed up in the surveyor as well as being able to run.
But the issue now is that it's not smooth, it jerks around while it is running.
These are the warnings with the engine itself:

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.
Warning: Required tag 'color' was missing and has been set to default.
Warning: Required container 'thumbnails' is missing.

Unfortunately there are warnings with a lot of other internal parts as well
Any guidance?

Greetings I've found that I'm having rouble with this content as wel I've been working on a list of all the errors and have been asking now for quiet some time and still no responses had been made

So I've been messing around with one engine in the content manager and have made a bit of progress.
Whether this is the right way to go about this or not I started by deleting all the errors with the engine and its internal parts, this made it so that it actually showed up in the surveyor as well as being able to run.
But the issue now is that it's not smooth, it jerks around while it is running.
These are the warnings with the engine itself:

Warning: This asset uses an obsolete trainz-build number. Trainz-build numbers below 2.7 are no longer supported.

Unfortunately there are warnings with a lot of other internal parts as well
Any guidance?

Hi Wetdog

1st warning is simple open for edit in explore find and open the CONFIG.txt Find Trianz-Build and change it to 2.7

2nd warning tag color I have found to be missing in the SMOKE, like so

smoke0
{
attachment "a.stack0"
mode "speed"
color 10,10,10,10
period 1
rate 15
velocity 2
lifetime 3
minsize 0.5
maxsize 3
}

3rd warning is easy just add this to the bottom of the config under the last line,

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "$screenshot$.jpg"
}
}

BUT there must be a .JPG file named screenshot for the thumbnail to show in CM or in the trainz menu.

Hope this helps.

Poul

PS i have all his engine working in TS12 but had to change the Engine Spec to something differnt to get the right speed and motion i wanted.

Last edited:
Posted by Electro
Hi Wetdog

1st warning is simple open for edit in explore find and open the CONFIG.txt Find Trianz-Build and change it to 2.7

2nd warning tag color I have found to be missing in the SMOKE, like so

smoke0
{
attachment "a.stack0"
mode "speed"
color 10,10,10,10
period 1
rate 15
velocity 2
lifetime 3
minsize 0.5
maxsize 3
}

3rd warning is easy just add this to the bottom of the config under the last line,

thumbnails
{
{
width 240
height 180
image "$screenshot$.jpg"
}
}

BUT there must be a .JPG file named screenshot for the thumbnail to show in CM or in the trainz menu.

Hope this helps.

Poul

PS i have all his engine working in TS12 but had to change the Engine Spec to something differnt to get the right speed and motion i wanted.

Thanks a ton Poul! That worked out a few of the bugs, but one stayed along with a new error
These are them:

Error: Attachment point attachment (a.stack0) in 'smoke0' was not found.

How do I fix (a.stack0)?

Thanks a ton Poul! That worked out a few of the bugs, but one stayed along with a new error
These are them:

Error: Attachment point attachment (a.stack0) in 'smoke0' was not found.

How do I fix (a.stack0)?

I am in the middle of installling TS12 onto the Son's comp at the moment and then i will instal and fix the Original asset's,
I will then let you know how i fixed that problem IF i have it, BUT just incase what is the KUID NO for that error please.

Poul

I am in the middle of installling TS12 onto the Son's comp at the moment and then i will instal and fix the Original asset's,
I will then let you know how i fixed that problem IF i have it, BUT just incase what is the KUID NO for that error please.

Poul

I think this is it, it's the only one I could find

<kuid2:43955:4552:1>

Hi Wetdog

Sorry to say BUT after i installed Prowler's content NONE have given me that error, :(
so i carnt help you out there BUT you can delete that TAG useing CMP or direct it to a.smoke0 and see what happen's.

The only error i have gotten so far are

Error: The Tag 'maxspeedmph' is not permitted within a container of type 'smoke0'.
Error: The Tag 'maxspeed' is not permitted within a container of type 'smoke5'.
Error: The Tag 'maxspeed' is not permitted within a container of type 'smoke6'.
Error: The Tag 'maxspeed' is not permitted within a container of type 'smoke7'.

Poul

Thanks for looking
I didnt fix all the warnings but I got the k-27s running!
Still working on the k-28s and k-36s, something about a waterglass error with the cabins =/
Any ideas on how to fix?
This is the error:

Error: Texture 'waterglass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hitbox.im'.

It's the same for both types of engine

hi wetdog

RE : Error: Texture 'waterglass.texture' is missing or could not be loaded for mesh 'hitbox.im'.

What i do is have a look at the window texture if it is see threw then i open the 'waterglass.texture.TXT file' and direct it to the window .tga.
it is no way corect but it work's for me and still looks good.
If not look at the TGA file's and find one that is a light color and direct the TXT file to that TGA.

hope this help's

Poul

I've managed to get the Prowlers k-27 K-28 and K-36 mikados to work but I'm still having trouble fixing the errors on some of the rolling stock and I can't find some of the dependencies for the other locos such as Clear Lake 60 ton Shay and K-37 494 if anyone knows how to correct those errors and find the missing dependencies for the other Prowlers content please let me know

Gonna have to be more specific Ryan, I have both the Shay and #494 up and running in TANE. What seems to be your problems?

Oh, checked in TS12 and it looks like the Shay has a gary_hoorn asset listed in the kuid-table <kuid:67810:54015> but the asset is not used anywhere else in the config.txt. I checked my TANE version and that is not listed as a dependency there so I suggest you delete it from the kuid-table and see if that fixes it for you. :D Looks like I didn't get the K-37s working in TS12 but there ought to be a way if I got them working in TANE. Tell me your errors.

I'm currently in the middle of taking my conductor training classes by finishing up on a week module but I will get around to giving you the details on all of my errors this weekend on Sunday

Last edited:
I'm currently in the middle of taking my conductor training classes by finishing up on a week module but I will get around to giving you the details on all of my errors this weekend on Sunday

No worries, I'll be hangin' around until I ain't.

"Togog" on the DLS has brilliant DRGW content that is a way more updated than Prowler901's. I honestly love his content and he does have a lot of different locomotives too. He doesn't have DRGW freight cars though so getting Prowler's working was a must for me. His were actually super easy to get working too. 4-6-0 #20 was really the one loco I wanted to get working, but I couldn't manage to. I WISH someone would either update his content or just make new content. I mean we have like no TS12 and up DRGW narrow gauge stuff at all. Most of it is TS2009 and back.

Also, tell me if any of you can get #20 working cause I will definitely try then.

Last edited:
Back