Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Prowler901's D&RGW & TS12

All I'm asking is which program should I use to fix all my faulty assets what is the name of the program because I can only use Trainz 12

United States of America, Illinois, Park Ridge

You need to use all of those programs as required depending on which error you are trying to correct. It is a multi-step process that is very long and tedious. I know because I went thru it and it took several sittings with a lot of trial and error. I did it because I am so crazy about Colorado narrow gauge and just couldn't give up. For me it was well worth the effort. Curiously I think I have all of his content currently working in TANE, but there are some things I still need to fix to work in TS12. There are a few models that still need engine and sound file adjustments as they generate no chuffing when they run.

Also, tell me if any of you can get #20 working cause I will definitely try then.
    It seems that the problem with this engine is that the frame mesh has a normal bump map texture assigned to it but the material type used does not support it. I got it to work by making a change in the frame mesh file with a hex editor. The process is discussed here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...r-RGS-20-Frame .

Paul

So what you're saying is AssetsX is the program to use for Trainz 12

I gotcha so all I'm asking for is one of you make a YouTube video on how to use those fix programs to fix Trainz content if anyone here on this Trainz forum uses Trainz 12 I would appreciate it if you make a video on how to fix errors on the Prowler901 Trainz K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay
    Last edited by RyanJReed; October 19th, 2018 at 06:08 PM.

United States of America, Illinois, Park Ridge

Try this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md_zGvoYe28&t=3s

Hope it helps.

Paul

As far as that video I've already fixed the K-27s K-28s and K-36s all I'm asking for is how I fix K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay and more specifically how to use the AssetsX program to fix them

Quote Originally Posted by RyanJReed View Post
    As far as that video I've already fixed the K-27s K-28s and K-36s all I'm asking for is how I fix K-37 #494 and the Clear Lake Shay and more specifically how to use the AssetsX program to fix them
    What is the error you are trying to fix? There is no one single overall fix - it depends on the asset and the error. AssetX doesn't fix everything - sometimes you have to use other tools. See:
    https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Trainz.../Fixing_Assets