Content Manager - Tips and Tricks (any version)

So, my current situation goes as such (after trying John's earlier suggestions): it appears that my "slow" DL speeds are actually NO download speed, I ran Wireshark to capture the packets being sent to/from my PC, and it appears that after the (successful) handshake with the FTP server that the DLS files are hosted on, my PC will download a few KB of the desired file(s) and then loses contact with the server after ~5 seconds. All firewalls disabled, exceptions for the TANE executable have been made; my latest idea was forwarding all ports for the IP addresses used by the DLS server, and even bypassing my router completely and connecting straight through my modem. No change. If anyone has extensive networking knowledge, I can see about uploading the packet capture for analysis of what is derailing the FTP connection. Oh, and I would also add that once it loses the FTP connection, TANE will become unresponsive and crash if I attempt to close the download window.

People complain that TRS2006 oftentimes eats and deletes it's "assets.tdx" file whenever there is a "Fatal Error"

I created a "New Folder" inside my TRS2006 folder, and renamed it: "WoW Assets.tdx" ... Now it shows up just below my: "World" folder, and directly above my: "assets.tdx" file

Each time I save my route, I "copy my: "assets.tdx" file, and paste it inside my: "WoW Assets.tdx" folder

Sometimes I go for months, or a year, without getting a "Fatal Error", causing the game to crash ... this way in case I have a crash, I can copy paste the assts.tdx file, and paste it back in the TRS2006 folder. The only other way to recover a lost assets.tdx file is to let the CM rebuild its database, taking in excess of 20 min

========================================================

Also I rename all my favorite assets that I commonly use all the time with the letter "A" ... ie: "AA SM New Century Switch Lamp" ("SM" denotes that it is a "Switch Machine")

Last edited:
Hi Everyone
I need assistance. with content manager for Tane. I search for roads, dirt roads, and buffers, download them but they don't appear in Surveyor. A closer look at the ones I downloaded showed that they are not of the required build. OK so I include in the filter minimum build 4, then get no results at all. I've tried a content rebuild but still get the same results. Can someone advise me how to find the content I need, please.
Thanks
feenix
Roads and more found, my error. Please disregard this.
  • :hehe:

Last edited:
Back