Settle & Carlisle Multiplayer Sesison

captainkman

You are reading this.
Hello,

I am pleased to announce that Settle & Carlisle Multiplayer Session v1 is now available for download!

I am already planning the changes that will be in v2. My list so far is:

1. HTML asset for the session start and speeding notices.
2. Better distribution of wagons in yards. Some are full and some are empty!

I'd appreciate suggestions too.

Kieran.

There are several missing dependencies. The assets that come with SnC are of a lower build version than what is requested by the session.

Unknown Location: <kuid2:35412:10025:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:35412:10070:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:35412:10113:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:44090:1020:42>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:44090:15037:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:523:414141:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:523:414142:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:523:416662:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:523:424142:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:523:429142:41>
Unknown Location: <kuid2:69379:100014:4>

Last edited:
Sorry for bumping this, but I'd really like some help.

The session isn't working. I've tried many times and others have too. The host can host, but the people who join can't. Their computer crashes. Same if I join another session on SnC.

It's only happening for SnC, so what could the problem be?

Sorry for bumping this, but I'd really like some help.

I wouldn't call this a bump. I'd call it a legitimate contribution to the discussion via the opening of a problem. As to why the game crashes, I cannot answer. TBH, I have not attempted to join the session at all. But here's what I think you should do.

You and a friend with SnC must add the following lines to trainzoptions.txt (found in the TS12 root folder):
-enablescriptlogging
-enablescriptmessagelogging
-debug

On your end, Launch Trainz and host the session. Your friend should attempt to join the session. When your friend's game crashes, you should exit Trainz as well, both of you should copy the Jetlog.txt file to a separate directory on your local machines. Restart Trainz and attempt to host/join a session on a different route, say, Southern China. Stay on for at least a minute, then exit Trainz. Copy the Jetlog.txt file to the same directory as before (DO NOT OVERWRITE!). Then remove those three lines from trainzoptions.txt.

Upload all Jetlog files to MediaFire with names (i.e. host-snc, client-snc, host-sochina, client-sochina) and paste the links here. That will give us detailed information on what may be going on. We can work it out from there.

Ok, thanks! I'll give it a shot this weekend. Hopefully I can find someone who is online who has SnC installed in TS12. Maybe you'd like to give it a go with me?

Last edited:
Not good I'm afraid. Your midday Saturday is my Sunday morning, and I'm gong to Church then. I may not even be awake yet! However, I will be on after Church, which is probably early evening for you.

Your Friday night works well for me, as it's Saturday noon here.

Edit: Have a look at this: http://www.happyzebra.com/timezones-worldclock/difference-between-Fairfield (CT)-and-Brisbane.php

Gotcha, didn't check your location before posting. Hmm... Alright, do you have TeamSpeak? If so, I'll be on 66.45.231.18:/Trainz around 8:00 PM tomorrow night (10:00 AM Saturday AEST).

http://www.mediafire.com/?3em24bbt55ht3xb,k3819k3udodgolv,q6pvro1ycuo2y03

There are some "MULTIPLAYER ERROR" messages, but those also appear on the successful session.

Here's the last few lines:

? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 3227 'Lazonby Station' to 3227 'Lazonby Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 2484 'Langwathby Station' to 2484 'Langwathby Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 2461 'Little Salkeld Station' to 2461 'Little Salkeld Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 1313 'Appleby Station' to 1313 'Appleby Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 1299 'Ribblehead Station' to 1299 'Ribblehead Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 1292 'Dent Station' to 1292 'Dent Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 1039 'Skipton Station' to 1039 'Skipton Station', message GenericIndustry, ProcessComplete
? 7:46.2 : ScriptLog> router message from 0828 'Settle Station' to 0828 'Settle Station', message Gen

... and then it cuts off abruptly.

Last edited:
Yours actually made it farther than mine. So perhaps you just need to wait a few minutes for Trainz to finish what it's doing. If so, that'll only cause more problems with keeping the session in sync. I would contact the Helpdesk and attach the SnC Joining logs.

What would I say to the Helpdesk? I'm not really sure what is wrong as I'm no good with technical stuff like this.

What would I say to the Helpdesk? I'm not really sure what is wrong as I'm no good with technical stuff like this.

Just give them the jetlog links (mine too) and say that clients in your session are able to initiate the session but that their games crash early on.

Back