Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

A C&O H8 accelerates underneath the highway bridge at Stone Cliff, W.Va., after picking up a few more loads at Thurmond to round out the train size to 125 cars of the New River "smokeless" coal. The Stone Cliff Bridge, which carries the Thurmond-McKendree Road (County Route 25) across the New River, was built about 50 years after the mining community of Stone Cliff was established in the late 1870s, following the completion of the C&O's line through the New River Gorge. In 1920, when the coal business was booming, the town's population was 840. Today, Stone Cliff is simply one of the dozens of deserted ghost towns of the New River Gorge.
Beautiful, well composed screenshot!

Thanks, guys. Here' s another shot from the Upper New River Gorge. It's 8:00 a.m. so there's still a little fog on the hills... ;)

Eastbound_Empties.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's a pretty shot wva-usa!

I am pleased to say that my adaptation of the Saint Barbara Island route has made it into T:ANE without major reworking. Now to start working on my collection of wood burners...

bdaneal's UP119 looks OK but there is absolutely no sound, no chuffing, no bells, no whistles. pencil42's baggage, express, and passenger cars seem to be working nicely, doors open and close (again no sound that I could hear) passengers and baggage, mail all seemed to end up inside nicely.

(yes, yes I know 119's not a woodburner but...)

(TANE)

That's nothing...next time, try actually messing with the spec. :p Negative deceleration and zero friction works wonders for top speed.
LOL. Sounds fun, maybe I will try that today!:hehe:

Tried messing with a clone, you weren't kidding when you said that were you? Top speed on a test circle with derailments off was literally over 9000! (Sorry, no pics)

Last edited:
Back