Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Big Valley is utterly fantastic, especially for us small engines and short trains enthusiasts...

HQSH3rk.jpg

Very nicely done.

Many thanks
smyers

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

it has been sometime since the last time a screenshot was posted, but here we are in a new year and this engine was missing the railing for the ladder sides next to the feedwater heater which does adds to the imposing look of this 2-8-2 Mikado steamer, it may be calm in this shot, but little did anyone knew that, no one else working on the Tidewater Western Railroad gave the Locomotive crew, track workers and other employees advanced warning of a snowstorm that was to come later in the day a big mistake made and a hard lesson to be learned the hard way.

Last edited:
Helper action on the L&A mainline out of Cincinnati on a 2.78% grade.

One of the L&A's Triplexes 8881 preparing for the first shove of the morning.

The crew of 2172 had an easy time of it coming out of Maysville KY. as the mainline follows the river and has very little in the way of any grades. Thats about to change as they bring their train to a stop and wait for the Triplex to join the fight up the hill.

Let the fight began.

The crew has experience at this hill and the lead engine crew "throws the coals to her" as they try and build up a little head of steam.

The sound coming out of the trench is deafening as the firemen on both locomotives watch their fires and hope the heavy exhaust draft doesn't mess up their fireboxes.

Dave

Last edited:
Here's a little more L&A helper action.

The L&A articulated just cleared the Cincinnati grade tunnel and the crew can get a breath of fresh air. Good thing the big Triplex is pushing hard so the lead locomotive can hold back a little on the throttle to reduce his exhaust. Now that the crew has cleared the tunnel time to open up the throttle and give the Triplex a break.

Passing the Idlewild tower and almost to the top of the grade.

Soon train#74 will be dropping off the Triplex and continuing on to the Norwood yard to drop off 25 hoppers and then on north from there.

The crew of 8881 broke off from their train and then headed into the Norwood engine service to refill their coal and water. Next a quick stop at the lube shed then back down the hill and wait for their next train to help up the steep grade.

Dave

Hi Forester1, the asset is <kuid2:254127:28182:1> Foden steam tractor.

If you would like to see many other steam powered and early 20th century vehicles running up and down your roads try my <kuid2:549274:100445:1> Region - Steampunk America. As of now it works perfectly in Trainz Plus / TRS22.

Dave

Central Divide - a freelance standard gauge shortline set in a rubbery 1940-50s timeframe....

There is a wee bit of grid in the background of a couple of those shots, but the route is now to all intents and purposes complete. There is a lot of new content to sort out and upload before release, so it will be a while yet.....

Back