Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

A T&P Freight heading west into Madden, Texas.
PZrJhNy.jpg
cdIfm4l.jpg
TGx2Zhq.jpg
BLuATlw.jpg

NG/SG Transfer industry....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

... and some dual gauge skullduggery...

Andy ;)

and yes, I see the floating track...

Last edited:
Tensions are running high as the Dept. of War has a classified piece of equipment coming from a secure location somewhere in the hollers of Tennessee. About 10 miles out of Levi the engineer noticed the Schnabel car was developing a braking problem and the conductor and brakeman in the caboose noticed the smell of a wheel bearing getting hot. A Telegram was sent to the Dept. of War stating the crew would stop at the Levi backshops and repair the car. Also the L&A crack mechanics are being called in to work on the car as soon as it enters the shop.

One of the design engineers working in the L&A design building ran up on the roof to get a picture of this exotic sight.

The infamous Railfan couldn't miss this chance to get these rare pictures for their collection. This shot was taken as the train just made it into Levi Kentucky.

Here the train is using the seldom used rear backshops entrance.

Knowing the backshops like the back of their hand the Railfan has made their way to the special equipment shed. The L&A's heavy 0-8-0 switcher is really grunting under the extreme weigh of whatever is inside the container.

Across from the transfer table is the L&A boiler shop.

After a few quick shots time to leave before the MP's show up to guard the car and its precious and secret cargo.

Dave

There was a fair bit of kit-bashing went into that trestle, complicated by the fact that the road is both off-center and slightly skewed, but (as they say in the old country) I'm fair chuffed at the result...

Cheers, Andy ;)

*And yes, I see the grass, but never till I post the pic! I'll have a word with the ganger and get it removed....

There was a fair bit of kit-bashing went into that trestle, complicated by the fact that the road is both off-center and slightly skewed, but (as they say in the old country) I'm fair chuffed at the result...

Cheers, Andy ;)

*And yes, I see the grass, but never till I post the pic! I'll have a word with the ganger and get it removed....

Hey man, if model railroaders can kitbash, why can't we?
I really like the result, love me a unique bridge.

Thanks for the kind comments, I'm really enjoying playing around with US steam, a new area of interest for me...

Andy ;)

So guys I need your help in making a decision. So I am looking to buy an IBuypower PC with a Memory Ram of 16GB, a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card. A i7 processor/CPU and a 1 TB Hard Drive. So the Recommended System Requirements for Trainz 2019 are a Memory Ram of 16GB, a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 Graphics Card. A i7 CPU and takes up 50GB. So the Question is, Will Trainz 2019 run smoothly with no lagging on these Specifications of this PC that I am going to get?

My system is close to yours: 16GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 1080, i7-8700 3.19Ghz. and a 2TB Hard drive. TRS2019 runs great on this system. But even with a 2TB drive, I have T:ANE and TRS2019 on an external drive. Both are nearly a terabyte each, and with MSFS2020 installed on C:, it was just too much. If you are keeping T:ANE, check how large that is and then add something similar for TRS2019. The ironic thing is I was determined to keep 2019 lean and mean, butthere are just too many great routes and assets available out there!

So guys I need your help in making a decision. So I am looking to buy an IBuypower PC with a Memory Ram of 16GB, a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card. A i7 processor/CPU and a 1 TB Hard Drive. So the Recommended System Requirements for Trainz 2019 are a Memory Ram of 16GB, a NVIDIA Geforce GTX 980 Graphics Card. A i7 CPU and takes up 50GB. So the Question is, Will Trainz 2019 run smoothly with no lagging on these Specifications of this PC that I am going to get?

If you change nothing else - because I'm assuming you mean a rotating type Hard Drive - Use an SSD. Something like: a 1tb NVME M.2. Ideally use two one as "C:" and the other as "X:". put windows on C: and Trainz on X:

My system is an Alienware Ryzen R10. Ryzen 7 5800, 32 gb RAM, RTX 3080, and 1tb M.2

TRS 2019 run like silk with all sliders to the right.

Good Luck! I spent 5 months picking that configuration and that time included two systems (not Dell) returned with defective graphics cards.

A screenshot or two...
ALKBBCf.jpg
[/IMG]
and:

qHi66AH.jpg
[/IMG]
Both shots from an unfinished route of the CPR in eastern British Columbia - near Conkle Creek.

Cheers,
--Michael.

Hmmmm - not entirely convinced. Too green and not 'rocky' enough, but the minute I introduce rock textures on near-vertical terrain the stretch/distort/tile thing kicks in and it gets truly ugly......

;)

Looks pretty good to me Derrmy. It can help to vary the scale of the rocks a bit, largest scale for vertical faces
Cheers
Graeme

Back