Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

The crew of local #192 has pulled out of the Paris yard a little early today at 4:38 AM. The crew is hoping that this fog and rain breaks soon as they need to keep a tight schedule down to Stanton where they will leave the main and head over to the reefer icing plant to ice the reefers. This will give #80 all stops a chance to pass #192 as it makes its way down to Levi.

#192 is making good time as they pass Escondida at 4:44 Am

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

It's a little after 5:00 AM and the crew is taking the freight bypass around Winchester and the bad weather is still holding.

One more from the factory district of Winchester.

Dave

Ben Neals' recent 2-8-2, NYC variant...

4bqxzIi.jpg

Route is Hudson & Western by Approach Medium. These Mikados should be very popular, indeed. And a standing O to Mr. Neal for producing an undecorated version, making re-lettering much easier.

smyers

For those interested, more of Ben Neals' new 2-8-2. Though I have found a couple of bugs here and there, overall it's a most impressive package that allows for extensive customizing. Great for freelancers as you can make several sub-classes of light 2-8-2s for your railroad...

The "stock" undecorated version, right off the DLS...

rJtbb83.jpg

My sub-class "a"...

W7zD0da.jpg

Alterations include non striped drivers and pilot wheels, footboard pilot, relocated air reservoir, Worthington BL, red windows, sun shades, coal bunker, and so on.

Sub class "b", much as above...

qlw0KV0.jpg

...though we now have Elesco brow FWH, relocated bell, markers moved out for FWH, Delta trailing truck.

And sub class "c"... again much like above...

kA5w4Xk.jpg

...but with twin deck mounted pumps, recessed FWH, and extended coal bunker. A lot happening here, takes some getting used to, but most enjoyable for steam enthusiasts.

smyers

Last edited:
For those interested, more of Ben Neals' new 2-8-2. Though I have found a couple of bugs here and there, overall it's a most impressive package that allows for extensive customizing. Great for freelancers as you can make several sub-classes of light 2-8-2s for your railroad...

Sub class "b", much as above...

qlw0KV0.jpg

...though we now have Elesco brow FWH, relocated bell, markers moved out for FWH, Delta trailing truck.

smyers

G'day Smyers,

Wow, I love your "Sub Class b".

Could you offer any tips on how to do this for those of us unfamiliar with this sort of "kit bashing"? Such as where to find a list of what the various options are and how to incorporate them?

Thanks for the nice pics too.

Cheers,
Piere.

attachment.php

A Saturday rail fan trip on the Eastern Colorado and Texas.

Attachments

• 2019-11-16 132853.jpg
    2019-11-16 132853.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 403
Hey Piere, how are you doing? Yes, it's quite a package, and can be intimidating. Basically, you're modifying the config.txt file for each appliance or change you want to make. For example, there is an entry for "fm_water" .That's where you'd change the entry for the Elesco heater. The available parts are given in a readme.html that comes with the undecorated versions. However, there's a lot more to it as there are clean and weathered meshes for the various parts and for the engines as well. You could easily install a weathered stoker, for example, on a clean engine. To be honest, all my kit bashes are based on copies of the NYC version, even though the undecorated versions are intended for re-skinning. That's because I couldn't begin to make Ben's numbering methodology work for me. Anytime I tried, Trainz went into melt-down. The NYC model uses a font that's very close to mine, and it gave me the numbering. Ben gives us *.psd files, that's how I "cleaned up" the dirty NYC engine. I did run into problems with some items not being found (even though I could see them right in their proper folders!!), mainly the headlights. So D/L all the files and get to know them a bit. Then try one mod, then another and see how it goes. Make copies of your config files as you go! Good luck, Piere.

Best,
smyers

Although Lima builds Mikado steam engines as well, this one was in fact built by ALCO , gold pin striping, the cap stack, compressor shields, pilot with a combination of the footboard and cow catcher, red cab roof, windows, vents and the tender deck and relocation of the bell adds to the heavy southern outline.

Last edited:
Getting a little better at this...

IuyHfy4.jpg

Managed to change headlights on 1021. I just sat there with the mesh folder open to check for names and typos. I did get angled number boards to work, but in doing so I lost the numbering. Went back to straight number boards.

smyers

Back