Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

"UP 5080 to Tower, We we've been waiting for about 10 minutes and the COSF hasn't passed us any clue were it is?"
"Tower to UP 5080, Could the crew of the City Of San Francisco report their location."
"We're right here" said a voice, the Fireman of swore that the voice Sounded like the crew on the COSF that day.
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The Railfan has caught the L&A's northbound reefer train #252 coming into the Norwood icing plant on this cold February day.

On a side note I just added more case fans to help knock down the heat build up from running this route :eek: :hehe:.

Dave

[FONT=&quot]Years ago, Ben Neal created several nice steam locomotives.
Based on these assets the Carlsbad Steam Locomotive Works created some nice reskins like the Northern Pacific 2-8-8-2 Z4 #4503.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Of course, due to the use of much more polygons and the nowadays texture possibilities, new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way. But still I like these locos originally been built by Ben Neal!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]In the video you can see how the Northern Pacific 2-8-8-2 Z4 #4503 goes westward at the NP track just about 4,5 miles west of Superior, MT in my Milwaukee Road “Alberton – Avery” route. Back in steam times these articulated engines were used at this line. Especially if the train was scheduled to run up over the NP Lookout Pass line to Mullan, ID and further west which included a steep grade of about 3,5%.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The Northern Pacific Lookout Pass line was something special. The NP was the first RR who built its tracks in Clark Fork River Valley from Missoula, MT to Paradise, MT (still in operation). Also the NP built the first line following the St. Regis River via De Borgia, Haugan and Saltese, MT to create a direct connection via Lookout Pass to Mullan, Wallace, Kellogg and Coeur d'Alene, MT to Spokane, WA. In 1909 the Milwaukee Road constructed its track parallel to the NP lines – mostly using the opposite river bank. But in 1933 a big flood destroyed the NP track of the Lookout Pass line between Haugan, and St. Regis, MT. From that time forward, the NP used the MILW track to between Haugan, and St. Regis, MT assess the Lookout Pass line. Later the Highway 10 was constructed at the old NP grade which had been destroyed by the flood.

Your's TUME
[/FONT]

tume --

"Of course, due to the use of much more polygons and the nowadays texture possibilities, new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way. But still I like these locos originally been built by Ben Neal!"

Absolutely. Though maybe I'd quibble slightly with the " ... new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way."

I'd be hard pressed to nominate a new steam locomotive that is better than this one of Ben's:

Phil

And I have a soft spot for Ben's high-stepping long-legged Savannah & Atlanta Railroad "Pacific":

TRS19%20InnterKohnNecktion_05.jpg

TRS19%20InnterKohnNecktion_08.jpg

Phil

Last edited:
Back