Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Hi Piere --

Those images, and the one in the K&L thread, look stunning. Outstanding.

I have just the base TRS19 + SP1. You mention the new camera views in the "Plus" edition. What is that? And what features do the new camera views offer?

Thanks,
Phil

Last edited:
duFKW2L.jpg

Hi Piere --

Those images, and the one in the K&L thread, look stunning. Outstanding.

I have just the base TRS19 + SP1. You mention the new camera views in the "Plus" edition. What is that? And what features do the new camera views offer?

Thanks,
Phil

Many thanks indeed Phil. The ones just before in this thread are on a modified version of your Deepwater Railroad layout too. Thanks for all your great work and inspiration.

The new view options include "flying", "Drone" and "Walking" (there's also a "car" one, but I haven't tried that).

I almost exclusively use external views when running my trains (I know you may not approve ;) ) to enjoy the graphics and the new view options provide much greater flexibility for this. In particular that you don't have to be locked onto the very centre of the loco (or rolling stock) and swing about as it traverses curves etc. The new views also pivot around the camera axis, rather than the target, or a point on the ground.

An example is that you can pick a view of a turntable and have your viewpoint remain fixed while the table (and loco) rotates. Another might be following your chosen subject through a set of curves, or a complicated yard structure, and you can just follow along smoothly, without swinging back and forth wildly as you are locked to the angle of the target.

The walk view makes it so much easier to get those "like you were there" shots and views too (if you're watching a subject in motion, you do need to track it manually though).

Admittedly you could do some of these things with the original views (which are still available as well and useful in their own way), but these new ones provide much greater flexibility to get the angles you might want, much more easily.

Another benefit of the "plus" option is the access to Unified Driver / Surveyor where you can swap instantly between live action and editing. I have found this to be a huge bonus myself as my mega-merged route can often take 10 or 15 minutes to load each time, so being able to just switch between the two modes at will is fantastic. It does change how sessions and saved games are handled a little it but I haven't found it to be a drama (I actually prefer having what used to be "Saved Games" now work as individual sessions which can be edited if required, but I also don't do anything remotely complicated in my "sessions").

N3V are offering the Plus (and other) subscriptions for a free trial at the moment which is why I thought I'd give it a go. You could give it a go at no cost and see if it has any interest or benefits for you too?

I hope this has helped in some way.

Cheers,
Piere.

Last edited:
If I can add to the camra option: Car...I did complain about it in another thresd because it does not do what it should. When you choose this option, you click on any car (traffic on roads) and the camera stays on it and rotate around it but (this is where I complain) this option was meant to be giving us the possibility of chasing the train from the road but actually your camera always have yhe car in front of you in the first place as it does not rotate on itself to look away from the car and film the train (only) on the track. Hopefully this will be implemented soon. I bought Platinum especialy for this option ...with is mostly useless actually.
Regards,
Rail4Pete

Piere --

Thanks. I think what I would like is greater ability to vary the focal length of the lens being used to take the screen shotz -- more so than the limited scope that is available at the moment.

And that's "Deepwater"? I thought it looked slightly familiar. I certainly approve of the changes you have made. Have you redone all the layout, or just that particular area?

Phil

Piere --

Thanks. I think what I would like is greater ability to vary the focal length of the lens being used to take the screen shotz -- more so than the limited scope that is available at the moment.

And that's "Deepwater"? I thought it looked slightly familiar. I certainly approve of the changes you have made. Have you redone all the layout, or just that particular area?

Phil

G'day Phil, Thank you very much.

Yes, I agree that a better zoom range would allow for some more dramatic images as well. Maybe that's something they could add fairly easily in the future?

I wouldn't say that I've done anything particularly dramatic to your fine route. I tacked it on to one end of Smyers' East Harbor layout to extend it a bit. I've re-textured id and made a few tweaks here and there. The most significant thing I've done is to add a couple of tracks to allow it to work as a figure 8 loop with East Harbor.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

Piere,
Those are really nice shots of the Deepwater Route. That's such a clever idea attaching Smyer's amazing route to this one to give it more operating possibilities. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear the details on how you achieved that. You can PM me if you'd rather.

I'm getting the feeling that I am going to be downloading another masterpiece from Philskene! I thought I had all the large, industrial factory type routes I needed, but having seen those for Deepwater, I am thinking that one more will be just fine. :D Now if I could just get Phil to upgrade Krashnburne to TRS19...:eek:

Great job Piere! It's always a pleasure seeing your screen shots.

Heinrich505

Piere --

Those shots are excellent. I really like what you have done.

Gary --

Earlier this year I loaded all my earlier routes and layouts into TRS19 to see which ones I should upgrade to TRS19 standards. "Deepwater" was high on the list, as was "Federal Street" (my first attempt at model railroads). Unfortunately with both I found that when I made a session and then went to save it the only option I had was to save both session and route. More about this here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...t-save-session-alone-wants-to-also-save-route

But having seen Piere's screen shots I think I'll go ahead and update Deepwater anyway. I'll sort out the sessions issue later.

Phil

Phil,
I went through the thread. Pretty frustrating. I almost fell off my chair laughing at the Indiana Jones clip.

Your routes are always a joy to run, and the sessions are wonderful. I sure hope this route/session save thing gets fixed. I've only dabbled a bit, trying to make a session for a route, and found I had the same problem that you and others ran up against.

Having said that, I'm thrilled that you are possibly going to upgrade Deepwater - it is another gem that Piere helped unearth with his screen shots. :cool:

I arrived a little late to the Trainz party, so I am just now exploring all the routes you made in the past. I'm constantly in awe of your creations - they are so well done. The ones you've already updated are so special. Thanks for all your hard work, present and past!

Gary

Would you mind letting me know if the engine is custom made? I have been looking for a model similar to Soo 1003 and this model is almost similar to the engine light so high up. Thank You!

Piere,
Those are really nice shots of the Deepwater Route. That's such a clever idea attaching Smyer's amazing route to this one to give it more operating possibilities. If you don't mind, I'd love to hear the details on how you achieved that. You can PM me if you'd rather.

I'm getting the feeling that I am going to be downloading another masterpiece from Philskene! I thought I had all the large, industrial factory type routes I needed, but having seen those for Deepwater, I am thinking that one more will be just fine. :D Now if I could just get Phil to upgrade Krashnburne to TRS19...:eek:

Great job Piere! It's always a pleasure seeing your screen shots.

Heinrich505

Piere --

Those shots are excellent. I really like what you have done.

<snip>

But having seen Piere's screen shots I think I'll go ahead and update Deepwater anyway. I'll sort out the sessions issue later.

Phil

Thank you both very much indeed. I'm glad you approve Phil and even more happy that it may have inspired you to rework another of your great layouts. Your work has always been a great inspiration.

Heinrich, I might put together some more shots and PM you a bit later so as not to derail this thread further.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Piere.

the articulated steam engine in question came to my Personal Railroad that is based on the original (not touched) as previously stated above.

Back