Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

Evilcrow,
Post #5481 has an authentic postcard photo feel to it. Beautiful lighting!

Smyers,
That little route of yours is so authentic looking. I never get tired of seeing #94 as she soldiers on in urban decay.

Beautiful shots, both of you.

Heinrich505

re post #5482 smyers and #5483 Heinrich505

Thank you both for the compliments and smyers , as Heinrich505 says,wonderful urban decay with No 94.

Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, evilcrow

evilcrow --

Thanks for the complement. Coming from the Master himself that's really appreciated.

Same locomotive, same setting (the electrified version of this route, "Rivercide", is on the DLS), but this time I've gone from FRAPS to a utility called Dxtory for screen capture. It claims to capture at a higher dpi. Can anybody tell the difference between this and my Post #5531 above?

Rivercide%20VGN%20AG%202-6-6-6_02.jpg

Phil

" ... background texture that you are using for the distant mountains ?"

It's the combination of 3D PBR textures and TurfFX that gives that effect. On those hills there are two basic textures and three TurfFX grasses.

I see that you have TRS19. Maybe download the route. Compared to most other routes the number of downloads is small. Maybe 100 or so. All the dependencies are built-in or from the Download Station. Look for "TRS19 - The Rivercide Electric Railroad Co".

I have a thread here:

https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...w-TRS19-route-The-Rivercide-Electric-Railroad

Maybe I should also upload the version without the catenary wires?

Phil

Phil, the second one does look a bit sharper if you are looking at fine details, like the shadows and handrails on the locomotive

[EDIT] Yes looks like Steve's A ver 1 with a blank loco number selected. But on my TS12 N&W A the numbers on the front dirve bogey don't blank out.

Bob Pearson

Last edited:
Hi MP242 --

"That really looks real !"

Thanks. Appreciated.

Hi Bob --

"Yes looks like Steve's A ver 1"

Correct. Gotta admit Steve has put out some extremely impressive locomotives. The liberty I took was to run the textures through PaintShpPro and brighten them by 15%. I know this is controversial, but I find it reveals the tremendous wealth of detail that Steve baked into the mesh. With Steve's darker grey skin much of it is hidden.
_____

I was fortunate to be given access to an early beta of TRS19 and was able to play with the 3D PBR textures. I thought it was a great leap forward. Anyone who has read my threads in these Forums or downloaded any of my routes will know that I'm a strong advocate of the PBR textures and TurfFX grasses. For the doubters who actually have TRS19 but haven't quite made the jump, can I suggest you at least download and try the route used in the screen grabs, "The Rivercide Electric Railroad Co". All the textures are PBR. Most of the terrain is covered by TurfFX grasses.

An additional screen grab of the N&W Class A as it departs Pipe Works yard:

Rivercide%20N%26W%20A%20Class%202-6-6-4_04.jpg

Phil

Back