Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

You'll note that the doors are not open per se, but that there are no doors altogether. Neither are there tracks, so there's nothing to do the shearing as well as nothing to shear. I'm not sure if this is a prototype thing or just an unfinished model, but it's your answer: the boxcars aren't running with open doors, they're running with no doors.

@DON49PLM:
I just want to let you know that I've got a route waiting for that turntable you were working on. I've got both your 80 and 115 foot roundhouse and K&L Trainz's N&W A class 2-6-6-4 barely fits onto the turntable, but doesn't fit into the stalls. I'm not trying to sound like a gimmie pig, I'm just letting you know.
P.S. Why is my post in this thread appear to be in a larger font and bold? This isn't happening on the other threads I post in.
EDIT: I've found the problem: I've got the zoom feature at 140% instead of 125%. Once I changed it back to 125%, the font size and being in bold problem disappears.

Last edited:
You'll note that the doors are not open per se, but that there are no doors altogether. Neither are there tracks, so there's nothing to do the shearing as well as nothing to shear. I'm not sure if this is a prototype thing or just an unfinished model, but it's your answer: the boxcars aren't running with open doors, they're running with no doors.

"just an unfinished model" Ya, That's it right there. I was going to make animated doors for them but my license ran out on 3ds max and so things will not be finished. I gees put some doors over the hole and get rid of the inside.

shebashetan7, I noticed 2 things that need changing on your reskinned 4-4-0 of Bens

1) you changed the fuel load to coal but did not change the config file to coal it is still cord wood.
2) The cab roof should be the same color as the tender deck.

Otherwise very nice skin.

Ken

I appreciate the advice, and thank you. Will have an update ready soon. At first I didn't bother changing the load asset because the engine actually wasn't configured to use any fuel, but still it couldn't hurt to make the changes. Did you look at the model by Bachmann I used as a reference in regards to correcting the color of the cab roof to match the tender deck?

0l9fL7w.jpg

1c79X9V.jpg

tqR6vgE.jpg

wdqQ6Od.jpg

Norm, you certain do have a taste for classic 19th century trains; wooden cars and giant spark-arresting stacks. I'm planning to do some B&O wooden coaches and the William Mason 4-4-0 next, like what I did with the PRR.

I appreciate the advice, and thank you. Will have an update ready soon. At first I didn't bother changing the load asset because the engine actually wasn't configured to use any fuel, but still it couldn't hurt to make the changes. Did you look at the model by Bachmann I used as a reference in regards to correcting the color of the cab roof to match the tender deck?
Yeah, I would not trust Bachmann for accuracy they are know for making stuff that did not exist, is off color wise etc...I will say some of there newer item are nice.

Anything on Bachmanns specturm line is pretty good or at least passable in terms of accuracy. Their standard line however... Well it could could use some work and those 4-4-0s could use some major upgrades, the most notable inaccuracies for me being UP 119 and especially Jupiter.

Riverside running
Riverside-running.jpg

Not sure if the rocks being at the bottom there are prototypical anywhere in NA, as the track's rather high up.
Though, I have to ask:
1) 2-8-8-0? Never would've thought that configuration ever existed. Then again, there is the 2-8-8-2, so I guess natural progression to that.
2) On the previous page, I noted some clerestory passenger stock. Where can I find those? I've never been able to find anything like that except for bendorsey's TOTC set.

A nice shot of the 4449, but something seems a little.......off.................
(no criticism intended)

The major thing that's off on my 4449 right now is the smokebox door, it's too small. The top headlight needs to be a bit bigger too. If that's not what it is then I'd love to hear it, constructive criticism is always welcome.

<snip>
1) 2-8-8-0? Never would've thought that configuration ever existed. Then again, there is the 2-8-8-2, so I guess natural progression to that.

Union Pacific had a lot of these Class SA-C-59 2-8-8-0 locomotives, 55 to be exact.

ANL's #3548 belonged to the CS Class SA-C-6, a group of 20 locomotives purchased from Brooks in June and July of 1924. The last four left service in 1954.

2) On the previous page, I noted some clerestory passenger stock. Where can I find those? I've never been able to find anything like that except for bendorsey's TOTC set.

If you are referring to my shots on the previous page those are offered here https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?144876-Shebashetan7-s-Content&p=1681873#post1681873

They are a repaint of pencil42's excellent coaches which you can find on the DLS with Express and Baggage cars for a variety of rail lines. You can also find a pretty good selection at http://trainzforge.weebly.com/passenger.html and https://trainz-forge.com/p/passenger.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Trainboi1 (TrainzForge) are on the far track Pencil42's are all the ones in the foreground. Note that some of Pencil42's are the old arched mule hide roofs! Some of his cabooses are suitable for use as Combines BTW.

:D

Last edited:
The major thing that's off on my 4449 right now is the smokebox door, it's too small. The top headlight needs to be a bit bigger too. If that's not what it is then I'd love to hear it, constructive criticism is always welcome.

You are correct in saying that the smokebox door is too small, especially when compared to the real 4449 as well as lilb's GS-4 model. However, also given the fact that you've got the postwar tender behind her tells me you were aiming for a postwar shot, in which the skylight casing number boards were moved back and the handrail was also bent in the middle to make room for it. Of course, you might already know, seeing that you've done it for your black GS-2 models. Was this prewar variant the only version you had at the time?

Last edited:
Back