Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Central Pacific Whirlwind pulls into Larkspur circa 1870s
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Reno meet

on on the North side of Baxter pass on the Uintah RWY, Shays 5 and 7 tackle the 5% grade near the summit circa 1924.
mBng0i1.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
Neither actually. I wasn't really showing anything in particular off, just thought the shots looked nice.

The loco is a reskin of the prewar Russia Iron SP-1 4-10-2 from JR. I messed around with it a bit, removed the Russian Iron effect, made the jacket black and edited the textures to represent a standard SP-1 pre-1946, more specifically in the 30's when they were assigned to the Sunset Route, and occasionally Coast Line, Tehachapi, and San Joaquin Valley lines (they also may have seen limited service during WWII on the Portland Division/Shasta Division, but I don't have enough info to directly confirm or deny).

The rolling stock is a hearty mix of unreleased skins that I've done, released skins of mine on the TF site, Ben Neal's cars on subpar productions, JR rolling stock, TUME's tank cars, and some other odds and ends that I had kicking around in my install.

The route is a 1940's version of Cajon that I've been working on, modded from wridenour's amazing 90's era route. SP was known to very very occasionally reroute trains over Cajon when work was being done on their line, before the Palmdale Cutoff was built in 1967. I do also have a 1940's Tehachapi route modded from TS12's Mojave sub, but I haven't quite finished getting it into T:ANE yet.

And just because I like to stay on topic here, here's the UP's Los Angeles Limited at Alray, California, about to plunge into tunnel number 2.

fOsqOQz.jpg

Last edited:
Back