Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Tunnel #4..

Bobcass_20121013_0071.jpg

Another Form Of Logging Railroading...Siderods

Bring back the McCloud Railroad...

19atBartleTankfoha.jpg

-D.C.

The Roarin' Twenties

Its a beautiful day during the summer of 1921 on the Appalachian Coal route, as a Class USA 2-8-8-2 Mallet, with a string of empty 120-ton battleship gondola cars in tow, travels the Virginian Railway's easy grade along New River in southwestern Virginia, on its journey back to the West Virginia coal fields. No, there's no black smoke, because the locomotive is burning the world famous New River "smokeless coal" in its firebox.

Virginian_Mallet_and_120_Ton_Battleship_Gondolas_2.jpg

Last edited:
A Virginian Railway train bound for Princeton, WV crosses New River at Glen Lyn, VA, on the longest bridge on the Virginian mainline, as a Norfolk & Western train heading for Bluefield, WV, passes underneath.

Virginian_Ry_Bridge_over_New_River_and_N-and-W_Mainline_2.jpg

A few minutes later, the two trains meet up again at the Virginian's bridge over East River.

Virginian_Ry_Bridge_over_East_River_and_N-and-W_Mainline.jpg

The video is here: http://youtu.be/BG4PufFu8Mo?hd=1

Last edited:
Nathan, I'm loving those screens man! I hate doing this, but I gotta ask...is that route available anywhere, or is it a personal one of yours? Looks like a good "I just wanna take losta railfan-y screenies" Route!

I actually started on it last year, but still havn't finished it. I never did release it initially because I wasn't to happy with the stations or the foliage. But now...I might just be tempted to release it. Trackwork still needs improving a tad though.

Back