Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Hmm.. I didn't find them on the DLS but I did find a bunch of other Hiawatha cars and some neat little FMs.

eb9127f5d65c8f480c39b8314ab70466.jpg

And I suppose steam ships don't count as steam shots, so here is a doubleheaded NKP freight for good measure.

4775390c1ccbbef63605648d762eefa8.jpg

Incredible shots lego207! How do you increase texture size like that? Do you use a hex editor or something?

Thanks! Doubling it for me was just as simple as quite literally resizing the texture file to twice the original size. Seemed to have no major issues from it, and it does to seem to have generally made the asset a bit higher res. Might be better ways to do it but this worked for me so hey.

Cheers,
SM

When I made my Union Pacific version of the Milwaukee Road Hudsons, I doubled the tender texture size as it was only 512x512 and was very pixilated and blurry. I ended up remaking most of the textures to the tender too.

Textures need to remain within the power of 2, for example: 32x32, 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, 512x512, and so on. Do note you can mix up the dimensions too, such as 128x512 or 32x256, but they must remain within the power of 2 rule. Trainz supports texture resolutions up to 4096x4096 however you won't need sizes that large in most cases. Also make sure your saving the file as uncompressed if it is a TGA file.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

we see one of the mighty and majestic 4-8-4 Northern type steam engines with a another steam engine of the smaller type, a P-4 class pacific with a string of empty freight cars trailing behind as they rumble down the tracks and over the grade crossing, and since steam locomotive cabs tend to be hot, it made logical sense to open the windows halfway on the 4-8-4 Northern to get cool air to circulate in and cool things down without the crew being overcome by the heat from the firebox and or the sun.

Last edited:
Challenger #3820 waits at Woodford while #9087 and #9000 hauls a load up from Rowen.

Cheers,
Bill69

Last edited:
Does anyone know where ANl's GE turbines are? I know they were included in the release when he announced it a little while ago in his retirement thread, but nothings surfaced as to who is hosting them, if he allows anyone to that is. Knowing they can now be shared via email, does anyone have the Veranda, carbody turbines, and fuel tenders that they could send to me?

Back