Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

re post #3039 normhart

Hello normhart, the original is by Bill Klene (wgkandsk). I confirm that you can get it from http://trainzforge.weebly.com/tenders.html

To get a closer fit between tender and the mallet locomotive, you will need to alter the locomotive in a Hex editor (I use HxD), the mesh position "a.limback" to say "a.limxxxx" (make sure you use the same number of spaces when replacing the original letters), then with PEVsoft\attachmentmaker, create a new "a.limback.im" (trial and error bit).

Then in the loco config, add the following to the mesh table

a.limback
{
mesh "a.limback.im"
auto-create 1
position 0,0,0
}

The line position can be used to fine tune by altering the middle zero.

By these alterations the original tender by worksim will no longer fit.

4edda7b8d3dc62be1af98ab3d1bd8b46.jpg

Cheers evilcrow

Early one summer morning, UP #9999x heads a long coal train over Sherman Hill, late 1944. As the war rages on the UP has required more and more coal to meet their needs, so to meet the demand every morning engines like #9999x make runs along the mainline delivering vital fuel supplies to the many coaling towers on the UP.

0a04331a257e358e1739bf1099dfa8df.jpg

Tailing at the end of the train, we see a classic Union Pacific yellow and red caboose. Sadly, this caboose has seen better days as the war has not been easy on it and left it in a dirty and battered state.

70154dfb3d75018a1e9b6b3f4917b941.jpg

After picking up a very interesting book on the C&O a few days ago in Beckley W VA, i noticed that Benjamin's CA&L pacifics bear a very noticeable resemblance to the C&O F-19 4-6-2s. Nice shots daylighttrain, I might have to do a few alternate history shots of my own now. Its been months since i last posted any screenshots.

Good heavens! Look what I just found on the DLS!

<kuid:193148:1348> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #100 and <kuid:193148:1399> MR F7 Hudson 4-6-4 #101 by Alex23. I never cease to be surprised by all the great stuff on the DLS that I don't know about.

(These should go well with K&L's MLW A 4-4-2 Hiawatha that is in development) :D

Last edited:
Those Milwaukee Road Hudsons have been around for a long time Normhart, I don't remember who made them originally but they first popped up around the Trainz 2004 era. It's still a decent quality model despite its age, it also came with a set of passenger cars as well.

Last edited:
Those Milwaukee Road Hudsons have been around for a long time Normhart, I don't remember who made them originally but they first popped up around the Trainz 2004 era. It's still a decent quality model despite its age, it also came with a set of passenger cars as well.

LOL, just because you knew about them doesn't mean I knew about them. :D

They were made by Alex23 but he didn't make any coaches for them as far as I can tell. Auran has a set of passenger cars that sort of match, could have originally been by Alex23 I suppose. I like TUME's two versions of the Hiawatha much better although they don't quite match.

Edit: Not a particularly good color match although the striping matches.

Of course the color might have matched before someone decided to make them all shiny.

That Observation car makes up for a lot though. :cool:

Last edited:
Normhart- What type of loco is the silver coloured one shown in your screenshots, to the right of centre, which I think has New Haven on the tender?
Is it on the DLS, and is it one of the kuids you mentioned or something else?
Cheers

Yes it is on the DLS, <kuid:520526:1722> NH Class I-5 Hudson 4-6-4 <kuid:520526:1727> NH Class I-5 Tender By Pweiser. The cars are New Haven Pullman Heavyweights, also by Pweiser.

Last edited:
Back