Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Re post #6099 Piere

Thanks for the compliment Piere.

It's a goodly route that lends it self to easy variations if you like going back in time. https://trainz-forge.com/appalachian-right-of-way

Appalachian Right of Way verison 1.0 (a version)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

So this is where you are now Ken :)

Taking a holiday from my usual routes by running trains on the Angels Branch Sierra RR. This is a seriously good test of my skills driving with the steam controls.

6n44nQz.jpg

RgCs8OB.jpg

cgjcITM.jpg

J0HD69Z.jpg

IfNlLFu.jpg

40P3Xb3.jpg

Best, Annie

Last edited:
re post #6102 KotangaGirl
Hello Annie,
the lure of North American Super Power has proved too great to resist.
Good to see you in this thread.

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
Impressive screenshots Ken. You certainly haven't lost your touch.

I like the smaller kinds of early 20th century Baldwins, - which I suppose shouldn't come as any kind of surprise. And I like shortlines too. I find North American Super Power a bit too big and scary to be completely honest.

Ll9bQE8.jpg

More Angels Branch. I've only derailed No.32 twice so far. :eek: With the Prairie being so light maintaining traction and not getting hammered by the loaded cars on the descents is absolutely essential. The engineers who regularly worked trains on the branch back in the day certainly would have earned their wages.

QQg5eOd.jpg

IFBCWTF.jpg

re post #6104 KotangaGirl

Thank you Annie, good to see your locos and route. Try B. D. Neal's latest USRA 2-8-2 locos on the DLS, really top notch.

Cheers, Ken

Thanks Ken. I ran B. D. Neal's generic Baldwins back when I was starting out with TS2009 so it's been fun nostalgia trip sorting them out to work nicely in TRS22. I did an almost correct renumbering job on some of them and coupled them up to oil tenders to convert then into Sierra Railway engines which has worked out reasonably well. The two truck Shay was perhaps the most difficult to get working properly in TRS22 and it could still do with a little more fettling before I'm happy with it. I prefer to drive using the steam controls so getting these older engines set up properly has been a bit more of a task to do than if I was just using DCC or AI.
I haven't had a look at his latest engines yet, but I'll certainly give them a try sometime soon.

You're certainly having fun in the
Appalachians Ken, - nice Autumn colours in your screenshots too.

Re: Post #6110
Great shots, Ken! :cool: I see you are still putting out picture-postcard classical shots. The third one is my favorite. Lighting and sharpness are perfect.

Re posts #6111 KotangaGirl and #6112 Heinrich505
Thanks for the compliments Annie and Gary.

Appalachian Right of Way verison 1.0 (a N&W version)

Cheers, Ken

So this is where you two have been. As usual, excellent screenshots, evilcrow & KotangaGirl.

And now something from me. Even though I live in the States (New Englander here), I don't really dabble much in American railway- er, railroads all too much. However, I decided that, today I'll try it out. So here it is - something completely fictional, but my first American screenshot on the forums, a USRA Light Pacific running a rail tour on Kickstarter County in TRS22. Sure, it's not a prototypical route... but again, I'm moreso interested in British trains, cut me some slack.
Screen-Shot-2022-01-10-at-19-30-17.png

Last edited:
I am still amazed that you can install 15+ year old assets into the newest version of Trainz and the content still works wonderfully:

#6114 Yes this is where I'm hanging out for the present time Mr King. Nice screenshot by the way. Being a pre-1920's enthusiast who likes shortlines when I'm in the mood for US railways/railroads I find the USRA locomotives a bit too much of a size for me, but the Light Pacific in your screenshot certainly looks the part.

I am still amazed that you can install 15+ year old assets into the newest version of Trainz and the content still works wonderfully:

There's been a certain amount of fettling involved with getting Ben Neal's older locos to run nicely in TRS22, but nothing that's been too difficult to do.
This older Type B Climax by narrowgauge from the Trainzone website needed a lot of work though, but it's running sweetly now.

1E09s27.jpg

Last edited:
The old Southern Locomotive Builders 2-6-0! I haven't seen that since I accidently deleted my 2006 content library when I made the switch to 2012, which is obviously a long time ago. (10 years already? Where has the time gone?)

Great shots as always Ken!

Nice to see you here Annie! ;)

A couple more from my freelance Central Divide route...

Andy ;)

Back