Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

cheers
Graeme

Re post #5110 and all other post made by you :)
Superb shot as always Ken !
Btw, I searched for the route "Tidewater (amended)" and could not find it...Just found " Tidewater" .....:hehe:
Regards,
Rail4Pete

Hello Pierre,

thanks for the compliment. The route is 'Tidewater Point' on the JointedRail website. You will need the Payware items to complete the route.
It's well worth the money. I got it when they last had a sale.
I have amended it to give a more 'steam age feel'.

Cheers, Ken

The limitations on certain steam locomotive types with tenders were so severe on not just the weight and loading gauge but also the condition of the tracks has taken a turn for the worst that warranted an order of these double ended 4-6-4T locomotives and the advantages is that these can fit the turntables and the acceleration, whereas the tender variants either needs the longer ones or a wye track to turnaround.

In these December, 1942 photographs, we catch a troop train, no doubt moving troops and equipment towards the east coast to be shipped overseas. LE&E R-3a 2251 and an unknown heavy Mountain tag-team the heavy consist as it hits NYC rails in Sterling Falls.
2019-10-09_202155.jpg

Due to the priority of wartime military traffic, troop trains frequently "cut the corner," between Akron and Cleveland, using LE&E rails from Akron to Sterling Falls, and then NYC rails from Sterling Falls to Cleveland. Both roads pooled power for these troop movements between those two points, with each road using power as available. Here, we see our train passing NYC's "B" yard in Sterling Falls. In the foreground, a NYC 0-8-0 switches M4 Sherman tanks into an eastbound, as a H10a waits patiently to depart with a general merchandise freight.
2019-10-09_202545.jpg

Our train now switches over to track 1 as it leaves the yard limits.
2019-10-09_202633.jpg

Our train charges towards Lakewood as we catch a glimpse of some of the wartime traffic moving today.
2019-10-09_203224.jpg

At Lakewood, our train slows to pick up orders at the depot as it crosses the LE&E's West Park branch in the background.
2019-10-09_203516.jpg

Rounding the curve at Oak Hill.
2019-10-09_203829.jpg

Entering Olympus, Ohio, we catch a wreck train waiting in the wings for the tower operator to signal it through the station and onto the West Park branch to address a minor derailment that occurred earlier in the day.
2019-10-09_204132.jpg

As our train crosses the diamonds, we catch a 2-8-8-2 on the point of a general merchandise freight headed for 8th Avenue yard in Sterling falls (via the LE&E's CCFtW&C line). Due to the derailment, this train has been routed over the "passenger mains" instead of the West Park branch.
2019-10-09_204149.jpg

With a new crew in command, our train charges out of Olympus and across the CCFtW&C diamonds. Once this train reaches Cleveland, it will be handed off to the NYC, who will forward it on to New York. Although the LE&E was the preferred routing for traffic to Boston, their line to the Big Apple left something to be desired, especially in comparison to their larger competitors, the NYC and PRR.
2019-10-09_204232.jpg
2019-10-09_204255.jpg

Back