Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

UP 9000................

Thank you Bill69 and The Cowboy
6319aed101b1ed05d7be0e2a91917578.jpg
1773dc19e6ced74baa026dd5a173948c.jpg

Cheers evilcrow

Evilcrow, are you saying that somehow, the 9000 class that TheCowboy made has been upgraded? I'm trying to work out if I'm reading right.

Hi BNSF9812,

Yes the UP 9000 has been upgraded. I have permission from Shane, I am still working on the other ones, (when I get time) they are all slightly different.

The 9000 is available through dropbox if you send me a PM with your email address.

Bill69

Thanks Bill69 and thanks to TheCowboy for these wonderful locomotives. I am so glad to see them updated for TANE!

Before the Big Boys came along the 9000s ruled the road from Council Bluffs to Ogden!

On a clear December day in 1952, we catch New York Central's combined trains number 1 and 65, the Pacemaker and Advance Commodore Vanderbilt, as they near Gary, Indiana. The second car back is a through sleeper from Los Angeles, off of the joint RI/SP Golden State. Holiday traffic has swelled this train to 16 cars, hardly a stretch for the giant Niagara on the point.
bd2d186bc50f61961bdc15110d28fd17.jpg
bb2b4f8cebaa7d9576072199497464d5.jpg

Hi everyone,
I really like these pictures and I have been searching for wagons like these to download for a very long time, but so far I haven't found any, not even on the Trainz Forge site. I would like to know whether these wagons are available and if they are where can I download or buy them.
Thank you in advance.
Best, Marcell789

Yay!!! After two months of planting the gross pasting of trees on some 65 square miles of ProtoClinchfield is done. Whew! Now comes the hard parts. :D

Actually, GN is clearly the best. Omaha Orange & Pullman Green, in my opinion, is better than yellow/gray. But, that's just my opinion.

MILW IS BEST

(But UP and Espee are ok as well)

No way man Northern Pacific All the Way! They (with alco) Built the first 4-8-4 and the 2-8-8-4 Yellowstones. the NP versions are actually more powerful than the Bigboy and had the larges firebox area ever built, but they didn't have the speed like the bigboy due to the smaller drivers, but still NP's better.

No way man Northern Pacific All the Way! They (with alco) Built the first 4-8-4 and the 2-8-8-4 Yellowstones. the NP versions are actually more powerful than the Bigboy and had the larges firebox area ever built, but they didn't have the speed like the bigboy due to the smaller drivers, but still NP's better.

The NP 2-8-8-4 Yellowstone was a poor design. Although they had large fireboxes most of it was unusable as it was too difficult to burn fuel in the firebox. Maintaining boiler pressure was a nightmare for the crews. There are much superior Yellowstones built, including the DM&IR M3/M4, SP AC-9s and by extension the Cab Forwards as a whole, and perhaps the best all around Yellowstone design, the B&O EM-1.

In response to your comment about the Big Boys being weaker, I beg you to look at numbers. It is a well known fact that the Big Boy is one of the most powerful steam locomotives built, putting out roughly 6,200 HP at peak efficiency. Even then, the N&W class Y6, C&O H8, and if we count no articulateds, the PRR Q2 all have either a higher HP ratio or better tractive effort.

Always check facts.

SP is still the best

Back