Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Here is a screenshot of my recently purchased C&O K-2 Mikado leading a freight consist on my T:ANE version of my 1950s era Indiana Western Route. The payware C&O K-2 Mikado was recently released by K&L Trainz and she is a truly beautiful steam locomotive that installed and worked without problems! I own a number of K&L locomotives which are first rate.

Indiana-Western-SS1.jpg

Bob

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Despite the snow, nothing is stopping the steaming trial of one of the oil fired 2-8-2 Mikado after emerging Fresh out of the Railroad paint shop.

The George Washington consist keeps getting larger so the C&O has started pressing their heavy K-2's into pulling this famous train.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave

Very Sad normhart,

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...AQE1mAEAoAEBqgEHZ3dzLXdperABCg&sclient=psy-ab

The US was once a leader for healthcare and education — This represents a significant decline from 1990, when it ranked sixth. Sep 27, 2018

I once told someone, in 1975, our schools just relaxed there Dress Code, and this is huge mistake, take a look at how things are in School now, and what the Children have and have not learned. Too boot, we fence in our Schools, we have teachers who can keep up with larger class rooms, and it goes on and on......But if your Cool, for whatever that counts for, then everything works out..........RIGHT!!!!

There has been much banter that will learn a lot from this Covid-19 Pandemic........Indeed, we are learning as are Countries around the world, how ill prepared we are for this, or any other emergency......

Oh yea, we just had a 4.6 Earthquake which probably jangled more nerves too.......

https://www.google.com/search?sxsrf...jAuMZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXqwAQo&sclient=psy-ab

And with this, I say blessing for us and the World thru which we face an extremely difficult time............

With hope in the next 30 days, we might somehow turn this terrible Virus around and send it packing to the depths of oblivion, and never to return.

There is a operating rule in the book that every steam locomotive engineer has to follow is that prohibits the engine crew of any engine such as a 2-8-2, from running no faster than 5 mph when coupling the cars since the threat of car, locomotive and freight (if they were loaded) would have been costly and have done the Railroad no good, by a later time, wooden cars would be outlawed and steel ones replaced them, the other steam engine, a rare 2-4-4-2 is also seen moving into position to lead the freight once the train has been made up.

2020-04-09_175722.jpg
2020-04-09_175740.jpg
2020-04-09_175837.jpg
2020-04-09_180005.jpg
2020-04-09_180207.jpg
2020-04-09_180255.jpg
2020-04-09_180333.jpg
2020-04-09_180410.jpg
2020-04-09_180452.jpg
2020-04-09_180736.jpg

LE&E class Z-1 5701 handles Advance DT-4, an Elmira, NY - Detroit, MI Time Freight hotshot in May, 1946. Today's train is made up mostly of autoparts traffic, with some deadheading empty automobile boxcars tossed into the mix as well. With the war recently over, and dieselization beginning again in earnest, 5701's days are already numbered. Always orphans on the LE&E due to their foreign-road design (class Z-1 were built by the N&W's Roanoke shops in 1941-2 as emergency power for wartime traffic), the Z-1s were the first primary targets for replacement. First demoted to helper service in 1951, by this time in 1953 she'll have been sidelined and kept as reserve power, and will be off the roster entirely by 1954.

Side note, I really​ need to get around to fixing those numbers on this loco.

Last edited:
Evening all,

Very nice looking Steam Shots.........With interesting captions to go with..........Thank you all for sharing..........:wave:

G'day All,

I've been taking advantage of the "free Plus for a month" option recently, and I have to say, some of the new camera views make it much easier to capture some nice screen-shots.

Cheers,
Piere.

Back