Page 382 of 384 FirstFirst ... 282332372380381382383384 LastLast
Results 5,716 to 5,730 of 5746

Thread: Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

... thankz phil ...
    ... i also found them back somewhere in the old stables of your industrail ts12, although they were already there from 2007, i think ... wrapped in maps instead of cdp ... they still have to go back to the engine shop to mod the enginespecs, but i was blown out of my socks during the testrun in ts19 (105096) ... no reddies at all ... and no black smoke ... yet ... as seen in your movies in yourtubechannel ... btw : you can see your prosper as a cineast between then and now ...... and also the growth of trainz ..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q_0sxivEaQ Trainz TS12 UP 9000-class plus coal hoppers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wX05S005XK4 Trainz Union Pacific Railroad 9000-class 4-12-2

... the "shed" you asked for is a complete complex by davesnow : <kuid:101046:106049> Farm Building Old type 3 DES (installed from dls) ...

stay safe & have fun
    daveric

shays no 5 and 7 on the Uintah Rwy, south side of Baxter pass during the 1920s ,tackle the 5% grade

Last edited by dangavel; September 10th, 2020 at 03:22 PM.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

The shay is by Rich Blake (slugsmasher). Original was West Side Lumber Co. #12
    Will Champion

United States of America, Wisconsin (WI), Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by trainboi1 View Post

That looks amazing. Love the locomotive and passenger consist. Am excited for its release soon.

United States of America, Michigan, Ann Arbor
    Blog Entries

I've whipped up some private CA&L reskins of my own.

Thumbs up

OMG what beautiful Steam Shots shown here..........And the weathering is off the charts............

Made my day folks.......

This is as close a recreation of a scene from Sept 11th 1911 when the only troop train that was run on the Uintah met with a regular passenger train hauled by number 21 .
    i don't have the tool car that was part of the train , Shay number 2 or any of the troops. The wye had not been installed yet. Otherwise its close.
    WARNING! The Surgeon General has determined that the use of the simulator Trainz is highly addictive,

... UP 9021 4-12-2 by thecowboy ... in diorama Heart2Hendee ...
    Nice shots of the 9000 Zsuda! I forgot that the Old Cowboy Works made the 9000 way back in TS12! It took a while of searching but I finally managed to find my old copy and dusted it off on the Powder River Basin! It looks as good as did back then!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Tanker46; September 14th, 2020 at 10:00 PM.
    Tanker46

Member of TCWW - Developer of the Brighton Project

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

On a warm Summer's evening, as the shadows start to fall, B&M 3711 makes the last stop for passengers, before the sprint to Boston.

Two tracks over, New Haven 3200 heads a long string of empties, destined for a nearby mine, but she'll have to wait for the passenger train to clear the main before proceeding. The busy night-time freight operations are about to begin.

On the yard spur, switcher NH 3429 fumes with impatience, waiting for the two trains to clear the mainline. The engineer has to switch one more car, but can't get to it until the main is cleared. He's still got to straighten out the other cars in the yard, seen off to the right, so this delay is holding him up. Chances of finishing up before dark are still good, due to the long summer days.

Heinrich505

Tanker --

Yes, amazing work from The Cowboy. I think he poured his heart and soul into those 9000s. Such a pity they are no longer available.

But at least The Dispatcher managed to snare one for The InterCity Railroad. Chuck & Joe pose #9021 for a few snap shots:

Phil

... nice shotz, philskene and tanker46 .. as the 9000 has nearly smoke from the pipe, above speed of 10, i cloned the 9000 and managed some smoke-specs from the "old" NKP S-2 by ocemy ...

Hi Zsuda --

I think that The Cowboy overcooked the steam effects. I'm not sure why, for example, there is a plume of steam from under the tender. If it was oil fired then it was essential to use steam heating of the tender to keep the heavy bunker fuel sufficiently liquid to feed into the fire box. But this is a coal fired locomotive. And the cylinder drain cocks -- too much steam for too long.

For me the steam and smoke effects of the locomotives by Ben Neal are the "Gold Standard". See for example the 4-4-0 and 2-6-0 of his that I uploaded to the Download Station. On his locomotives the drain cocks close at 5mph. And there is a trace of steam escaping from the piston glands at the back of the cylinders.

It's been so long that I can't remember, but I think I used Ben's steam effects as a template when I modified the 9000s. See in this video, which also shows the two types of valve gear for the middle cylinder on the 9000-class -- the conjugated and the double Walschearts.

It's a pity that these locomotives are no longer available. And that those who do have them cannot share them.

Phil

United States of America, Texas, Dickinson

Phil,
    Really great video. I love the shots of the engines - they look so cool! Chuck and Joe were really showing off for the cameras by driving slowly and so smoothly so we could see the gear operations. They can drive anything and make it look like child's play.

Thanks for posting.

Heinrich505