Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Nice Mikados!

Some C&O action:

GdP51LY.png

sEoRdJJ.png

vYnzvge.png

9u5MnB0.png

exS5LTt.png

xpUtXpz.png

OoHzfEA.png

HD30QDs.png

2DUpfFO.png

I2wc6ub.png

Thanks, I had to make some adjustments but the end result turned out pretty good, it's not often that oil burners ran on my railroad ,at least for that matter, on the eastern seaboard, but when they did, the system made sure these were excellent Lima locomotive works products.

Last edited:
I remember that 2-8-4 locomotive, That's on display at the old former Broad Street Station now science museum of Virginia in downtown Richmond, nice shot!

NYC action:

[FONT=&quot]
ojE6kkd.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
4yfMpKX.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
BuuQK1k.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
jy2Ydnu.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
bsy9fzT.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
tlcpX6P.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
BWkKerJ.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
63TxBQE.png
[/FONT]

Oh, this is just... ....THIS IS JUST HORRID!!! I mean, LOOK AT THIS! Seriously, WHEN WILL HUMANITY EVER LEARN NOT TO TOY WITH THE FIELDS OF MOTHER NATURE AND FATHER SCIENCE?!
dekzmi4-bb1a4417-5e26-44f9-95ae-11eafcf69966.jpg

Everybody knows that Mr. Grumpybuns (The boi with his big mouth open) just HATES IT when that damn ALCO whistle shrieks through his jungle... AND ESPECIALLY DURING MEAL HUNTIN' TIME TOO!
...Well, at least Ralphie seems to be okay with it...
Honestly, give that Rex a little respect and some peace and quiet, will ya?!

Yeah, I know, not necessarily in the US, but at least it's ALCO, that's what it matters, huh?

cmoehrle:
This made me think of a segment from a VHS tape I saw as a kid (I think it was called I Love Toy Trains?) where they had dinosaur figures placed around an O-gauge layout and riding around in gondola cars. I remember that VHS tape was one of the ones that got me interested in model railroading along with Pentrex's Sierra Pacific Lines VHS. Good memories...

BigBoyBen54:
Nice shots! I like the foggy atmosphere you have going there.

And now, some shots from the Timber Ridge 2021 Std Gauge route:

Bzycdiy.png

jorBC8q.png

WBizegC.png

1AuCFN5.png

CWOpxVo.png

xPmrmPm.png

SL8UkRv.png

VXLi57g.png

cjXmI23.png

TzcG7IJ.png

More to come...

The crew of #192 was really hoping the weather would break leaving out of Winchester, but no luck. In fact it the rain seems to be getting worse.

By the time the crew is coming through Clay City the brakeman is already bitterly looking for his rain gear as the next stop will be the icing platform at Stanton.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Now here in Stanton at the icing platforms. The poor brakeman thinks, great, not only cold, but wet too as he climbs the reefers to open the hatches.

Dave

Heinrich505:
Thank you! It's a great route, likely one of my new favourites. And nice shot!

Thai1On:
Nice shots, and I liked the story you added!

daylightrain:
That's an impressive steamer you're showing off there! Looks fantastic!

More Timber Ridge:

[FONT=&quot]
M2nbXJc.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
vPRId2o.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
5mqUF2i.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
QIxt9VT.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
zkIoagd.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Dk9QqXa.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
JGxi3KY.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
g1GdHlx.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
qMnuPs0.png

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
jljMFtE.png
[/FONT]

Ericmp,
Thanks for the compliment. Always appreciated.

Your shots of Timber Ridge really show off some of the strongest points for the route, those being the long vistas and a real sense of distance being traveled. Your use of dramatic sky and deep shadows is very impressive. Nicely done. :cool:

Heinrich505

Thanks Heinrich505, very much appreciated! I definitely agree with those being the strongest points of the route. I think one could get lost for hours inside it, there's just that much to explore and my shots only really scratch the surface of what's included.

Cheers,
ericmp

Last edited:
Back