Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

I agree very nice shots! I love the name of your railroad. 'Central Divide' sounded so legit I actually went to google to see if it was some old Railroad Co. Nope!

Re post #6114 SRKing783, #6119 Dermmy and #6120 Pierre.
Thank you all.
Good to see the progress on the "Central Divide" Andy.
Keep up the good work with those B. D. Neal locos Annie.

Appalachian Right of Way verison 1.0 (a N&W version)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

#6119. Impressive screenshots Andy! They almost had me saying that you've been taking snaps of the real thing and claiming they were Trainz screenshots. Brilliant stuff, I hope you'll share more of the Central Divide with us.

#6122, #6123. More great screenshots from the master. Nice work Ken. I particularly liked the snap taken on the dirt road at night looking down towards the crossing.

I've been ratting around inside engine specs getting geared locomotives to work like geared locomotives and it's well time I gave up on the magic incantations and went back to climbing up and down the sides of a river canyon in the Sierras.
I really like driving B.D. Neale's old Baldwins, they're a lot of fun.

Annie

Last edited:
#6125. Nice 'Mike' Railwoodman.

Shay testing using the steam controls on the Angels branch after engine spec adjustments.

gOKiKeQ.jpg

jWKGVJA.jpg

Dropping off a load of lumber at Tuttletown and picking up an empty flatcar.

hWA1Xb4.jpg

ViPZmG3.jpg

Stanislaus river bridge.

0az093h.jpg

A pause at Warnerville.

JyvHiBM.jpg

Nice shots of the Angeles Branch, Annie. I've been spending a bit of time renovating it, though I went for a drier look.

cheers
Graeme

Last edited:
An interesting screenshot Graeme. No.38 would be pretty much fearless working over the branch.

With my own effort I kept scenic changes to a minimum and only changed out scenic assets if TRS22 had trashed them. Some of the billboard trees have been changed for RMM ones, but if they were in the background I didn't worry about them too much. I was trying to aim for an earlier time period so I modded Ben Neal's Shay a little and also modded his Baldwin Prairie into a representation of Sierra Railway No.32. One of the late Ben Dorsey's flatcars was reskinned for the Sierra Railway and I reskinned and modded a 34ft boxcar by Dap as well.
I enjoy the challenge of working trains through to Angels Camp and back to Jamestown using the steam controls without messing up. It's been a nice holiday away from my pre-WW1 Uk modelling projects and a lot of fun.

Annie

Last edited:
re post #6124 KotangaGirl
Thanks for the compliment Annie. Good to see what you are doing with this route and B. D. Neal's loks. Must have a look at this route myself.
re post #6125 Railwoodman.
The WVRR Trainz Forge route has tempted you away from the PRR. Nice shots Matt.
re post #6127 grazlash.
Nice one.
re post #6129 smyers.
Fantastic view of urban decay from the Master of Grime. Marvellous stuff.

Cheers, Ken

Appalachian Right of Way verison 1.0 (a N&W version)

Cheers, Ken

Eagle River Railway Williamette Shay #16 handles a loaded log train as she heads for Beaver Cove.

Cab view from #16 as she passes the Camp A Facility and passing Climax #17 as she shoves a string of empties towards Camp A.

the Master of Grime

Indeed! And it's getting worse, as msgsapper has been uploading these superbly detailed machinery items in both sparkling-new and ex-Barry condition.

PSIWgrY.jpg

Is there no end?!? At least, in this tiny corner, it seems that some effort being made to get a handle on it.

Best,
smyers

Wow, I'll bet the crew is actually enjoying the hot boiler backhead today.
Say, Ken, is that the Auran Y6b in the pics? The reason I ask is that the driver sets appear out of synch however I can't get that with the Auran Y6b. On mine the driver sets are always in synch...

JNPb9fh.jpg

... and, for appearance, you'd like them to go in and out of synch as you drive. The K&L N&W A does it well, as do the JMB articulateds, and Ben Neal's original 2-8-8-2.

Many thanks,
smyers

Hello smyers.

Yes the it's the latest Auran Y6b after "gloop" (as KotangaGirl describes it) reduction with "IMeditor". As for the drivers sync, it's mainly out of sync. I'm using the following engine spec: username "N&W Y6B Engine Specification" kuid <kuid:523:1972916>. The front drivers have an animdist of 4.597 and the rear drivers have the same. Try a double header and see if they differ. I must have a go next at Ben Neal's mallet.

Cheers, Ken

Cheers, Ken

Ken, how does one go about removing the gloop? I have a locomotive that used to be one of my favorites but the lighting in 2019 makes it look weird. Just too shiny.

Back