Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Clouds faintly reflecting off the NKP Berkshire during a late afternoon steam run:

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The sun just showing over the boiler:

A spectacular route by Jointed Rail, a beautiful loco by K&L, and amazing late afternoon lighting effects by N3V: irresistible!

Fresh from K&L's workshop comes a new staple in Trainz railroading. ;)

I don't think any introductions are necessary. :)

The terrible track conditions was a direct result of the previous railroad company which operated diesels before the steam engines took over, failed to inspect them before any trains could run luckily no derailments were occurring as the first train led by a burly 2-10-0 since new management took over operates over the tracks which are in dire need of repair.

Last edited:
I've always liked #90 the decapod. It's home will always be with the former Great Western Railway of Loveland, Co. Nice screenshots :)

Bdaneal's old Baldwin modern 4-4-0 looks really good on JR's M&WP route with shadows on... JR got the light effects just perfect on this route...

Thanks.:) All of Bdaneal's steam locomotives are along my favourite steam locomotives. His D&RGW C-48 class consolidation is one of the most highest in my favourites,along with his old heavy 4-4-0 and modern 4-4-0,and the old ten wheeler's he made,and the ATSF mikado to. But the route is JR's MW&P route,and that has to be one of the best winter routes made for Trainz in my opinion.

as this freight train rumbles down the tracks and snow on the ground on one cold winter day, one would assume that a 1925 Lima built Northern like the 8231 would not need a mechanical stoker to feed its big firebox because of the deceptive size of the engine and tender, well, don't let the appearance of this example and her other Lima built 1925 sisters fool you, these engines are big and the mechanical stoker was installed to help ease the fireman's tasks.

Last edited:
2n9kt8i.jpg

Another 4-8-4 Northern, this time from the Rio Grande. The D&RGW preferred to call their 4-8-4's "Westerns" instead of "Northerns," just as much as the New York Central chose to nickname their 4-8-4's "Niagaras" over the more common term "Northern" M-64 Class 4-8-4 1710, acquired July 1929, is one of many D&RGW "Western" locomotives that dominated the road's standard gauge lines up until the 1950's.

Back