Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Cmoehrle,
As a Texan, your explanation for naming them “San Jacintos” resonates perfectly!

They look and run so nicely!

Thanks,
Heinrich505

Cmoehrle,
As a Texan, your explanation for naming them “San Jacintos” resonates perfectly!

They look and run so nicely!

Thanks,
Heinrich505

re post #4956 trainboi1
Absolutely superb.

re post #4960 Railwoodman
Thanks for the compliment Matt.
Try the old mattress trick using 'derelict_mattress_04' by dinorius_redundicus in shed/depot shots.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

In 1943, the Minnesota and Northern was desperately scrambling for more motive power. Backlogs on the remaining 4-8-4 Northern's and teething troubles with the second generation of 4-4-4-4 articulateds left the MNRR without any fast freight locomotives. In a urgent gamble for more power, the War Production Board was able to get 5 Class LA-1 Berkshires constructed by Lima Locomotive Works, almost entirely out of premade or spare parts. The engines were delivered with as minimum features as possible, meaning any MNRR exclusive appliances or traditional equipment such as boosters were absent on the engines. The tenders, which were assigned for use on rotary snowplows, were reconverted into steam locomotive tenders as the MNRR could not wait for new tenders to be built. Immediately pressed into service along the busy mainline from the Twin Cities to Chicago and as far east as Cincinnati, the 5 Berks performed adamantly and were extremely well liked by the crew, being just as powerful as the class E-1 Northerns but a considerably easier locomotive to operate at speed and a much better dedicated freight locomotive. All engines were retired quite early, in 1954 and removed from the roster during the roster wipe in 1958.

LA-1 Berkshire no. 550 heads a urgent freight of war supplies in 1944:

c8WZAjC.jpg

Berk no. 551 passes an F7 lashup, unit 6052 is leaving. The sun is setting on 551's career, the Phase Ib paint scheme showcased by 6052 means the days of steam on the MNRR are numbered.

WMoJILq.jpg

Route <kuid:106916:100317> Kiowa County Southern by gfisher slightly modified (I added the Texas flag and more longhorns) :D

Last edited:
Thank for feeding Iron Horses, what a shot to behold, if only I was born that Era

Ah Ken a screenshot near and dear to my heart. The care and feeding of the iron horse.

Dave

Great looking photo shots here Folks,

@ "Thai1On" I like your Reskins too..........Saw the Brewery you just did this week, thank you for your Artistic effort Sir.......

@ "Normhart" you gave me some ideas for more types of Livery I can run on Maxwerk's Lubbock Routes with some Texas Pacific items..........

I downloaded this a couple of days ago but I am having trouble with texture errors I am running Trainz 12 SP1 3.7 by the way.
Error: The texture 'fef2/boiler.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/cab.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/crosshead.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/details.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/elephant ears.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/frame.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/fwh/rtm_0001.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/pipe.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/runningboards.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'fef2/usra_lmount_body/usra482.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'tender/details.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'tender/oil tank.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'tender/tank.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'tender/trailing truck.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'driver2.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'driver3.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'driver4.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'pilotwheel.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'trailing truck.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'truck1.tga' failed to load.
Error: The texture 'coupler.tga' failed to load.

Last edited:
I tried to take a look at the loco using PEV's Trainz Mesh Viewer 2 v2.18 and it listed a whole host of errors having to do with the TGA files. Locos did install in TANE and TRS19 without problems that I noticed.

Last edited:
TANE and TRS19 accept compressed tga files, TS12 doesn't. Open the files and resave them as tga files without compression. IrfanView should be able to do the job.

Peter

re posts #4966 Thai1on & #4971 blueodessey
Thank you gentlemen for your kind compliments.

More feeding at Tidewater.

Cheers, evilcrow

Evilcrow,
Another amazing shot. I love your lighting and time of day settings. They draw out the details of the scene and are especially complimentary to the shading of the engines.

The water effects for the loading of #32 are very cool!

Heinrich505

I think it has to do with the fact that cmoehrle created the asset through a TANE+ build of TRS.

I've got some sad news for y'all. Apparently, ANL is still stingy about uploading variations of HIS creations onto the DLS, and now I have to take them down (Despite the fact they have been available to the public at Trainz Forge for a while now) ... at the very least you've enjoyed them so much...

I've got some sad news for y'all. Apparently, ANL is still stingy about uploading variations of HIS creations onto the DLS, and now I have to take them down (Despite the fact they have been available to the public at Trainz Forge for a while now) ... at the very least you've enjoyed them so much...

Trainz Forge was offered ANL's models to fix, update and release them to the public on our site, so we have had his full co-operation. Calling him 'stingy' despite the fact he (as the copyright holder of the models since HE built them) is just plain absurd. Just because an item is Freeware, that still doesn't give anyone permission to release reskins of them elsewhere willy-nilly without first asking. It just doesn't work that way.

Tim

Back