Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Some Louisiana logging action on the Espee. Featuring Texas and New Orleans E-60 4-4-0 #220.

2qt92c9.jpg

2jahk40.jpg

jp79rm.jpg

It's not Louisiana mind ya, it's rather flat somewhere a bit Southward in America.
It's called; Huddleston Branch.

Thanks, I use slugsmasher's 46ft SG skeletons. One of them is your SG 36ft skeleton.

:hehe: I'd completely forgotten those. I had to look them up on the DLS to see if I'd really done them. The best thing about old age is I can read my favorite books for the first time over and over again. :D

I typed that KUID in but for some reason I’m still not getting results. I can’t understand why: the KUID Index confirms its on the DLS so why won’t it show up for me?!

I know this is a long shot but do you already have it installed?

And screenies of a totally different route.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

:D

Last edited:
I can't put my finger on it … But when viewing these great screenshots, and utterly fantastic locomotives … Something overall looks overwhelmingly toy like, and fake looking … Perhaps it's the lack of weathering, the brand new paint jobs on the loco's and consists, the all too perfect track, the lack of vegetation … IDK what makes it look like toys ? :confused:

Last edited:
I can't put my finger on it … But when viewing these great screenshots, and utterly fantastic locomotives … Something overall looks overwhelmingly toy like, and fake looking … Perhaps it's the lack of weathering, the brand new paint jobs on the loco's and consists, the all too perfect track, the lack of vegetation … IDK what makes it look like toys ? :confused:
That is the way locomotives looked during that period.

Locomotives and passenger equipment were points of pride and the cars didn't weather that much because the rain had less acid content.

Vegetation, my pictures are Nevada. Can't speak for the others.

Track was perfect, track gangs had pride in their work. Wasn't Conrail in the 1970"s.

And being in color makes the pictures look colorized. Does this look better.

taned_154.jpg

Harold

Last edited:
Cascade, I really have to wonder whether or not all you have to offer are complaints! I mean seriously, you continually pitch the same three criticisms even though in a lot of cases your input need not apply. Maybe if you actually made something you'd feel less crabby about other people's shots!

Agreed.
@Cascade: While you're an old Geezer like davesnow, that doesn't entitle you to complain and gripe about every little thing on the Forums that you don't like. I'm not happy about JR removing their F units also, but I'm keeping my mouth shut to keep from causing more problems, as that's a bit of a 'touchy' topic right now. I can say for most, if not everyone on here, that we're tired of your constant complaining you've been doing recently. In the wise words of my Mom: Life's tough, get over it.

Last edited:
Back