Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

In the early 1900s, the Union Pacific had much more modest motive power than it does today. Before the famous passenger trains where headed up by FEFs, Challengers and the like, small 4-4-2 Harriman Atlantics where used to ferry passengers across the UP mainline. Here we see Atlantic #12 as she makes her way over Sherman Hill with 10 heavyweight Pullmans in tow.

6d49f17b4a6d8e8c0d3ad219d4493b19.jpg

11280c09c6ab3a9ccb7a86be925160e5.jpg

a3d0c16bfbdbed3e3649615020d27c24.jpg

In the early 1900s, the Union Pacific had much more modest motive power than it does today. Before the famous passenger trains where headed up by FEFs, Challengers and the like, small 4-4-2 Harriman Atlantics where used to ferry passengers across the UP mainline. Here we see Atlantic #12 as she makes her way over Sherman Hill with 10 heavyweight Pullmans in tow.

:eek::eek: its so beautiful...:'( keep it up!

DeWitt Clinton & Commodore Vanderbilt Right Side view

cf0109e9e720f3eaa8f6c8200c3e2306.png

Aplogizes for the GIANT screenshot.
Inspired by Bill, I've repainted Lion and Catch me Who Can(Which Bill used) to become the DeWitt Clinton.

Which is your favourite? The Lion Repaint(Even though that's a 0-4-2 and Clinton was a 0-4-0) or Catch me Who can?(Be aware for Lion I've been unable to repaint the yellow rod green)

Also, I wanted to have the coaches Red but that broke it so I went with my original colour choice. I'm also tempted to find a small flatcar to match a certain image of DeWitt Clinton.

Last edited:
Three of the B&O P-7 Cincinnatian Pacific-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the SP GS-4 Northern-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the MR F7 Hudson-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the MILW A Class Atlantic-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the PRR T1 Duplex-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections
Where did you get those addons from(especially the nyc hudsons in the previous post and the T-1) ? Could you give me the links?

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe they are repaints/modifications of existing engines.

For example, the 'B&O' Engine Pacific is a modification of Steammachine's J Class, along with the Hudson I believe and the PRR K4, repaints with possible bogie replacements, he's even repainted and changed the bogies to transform it into an Indian WP Pacific Steam Locomotive!

The T1 is Trainz Payware.

The 2nd and 3rd shots however I believe are freeware.

Last edited:
By mid-1945, the Union Pacific was in a motive power crisis. The mainline was overwhelmed with traffic crossing hauling wartime supplies. As such, the Union Pacific began a desperate search for large articulated motive power. What they found was 6 ex-Norfolk and Western class Y3 2-8-8-2's, and 30 Chesapeake and Ohio class H-7 2-8-8-2's.

Here we see #3670, ex-N&W 2030 about 30 minutes past the summit, as she makes her way towards Laramie with a long and heavy load in tow.

3af9d35c896e480c29a583ff22de0956.jpg

83d30171fd11442dac0963350278725c.jpg
Where did you get that mallet? Or is it a reskin?

Bill's obviously infected me with a disease...

A basic repaint turning 'York' into Peter Cooper's '"Tom Thumb" Of 1830. I do not care if it pulled coaches or not for the record.

The 6220 Coronation & 5304 Royal Blue On The Bridge 1939

The Coronation Scot & Royal Blue On The Bridge 1939

C&NW 'Minnesota 400' 4-Car Train. Full interiors (figures included), lights, working full width diaphragms and complete underbodies.
Painted yellow and green. (As pulled by our Yellow Jacket locomtives recently produced)

Three of the P-1 Pacific-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the GS-2 Northern-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the GS-3 Northern-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Four of the CP Royal Hudson-type steam locomotives lined up with four sections

Three of the CP Jubilee-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the CN U4a Northern-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the GTW U4b Northern-type steam locomotives lined up with three sections

Three of the L&N K-5 and K-7 Pacific-type steam locomotives lined with three sections

Three of the C&O L1a Hudson-type steam locomotives lined with three sections

Three of the CNW ES Pacific-type steam locomotives lined with three sections

Three of the CNW E-4 Hudson-type steam locomotives lined with three sections

Two of the PRR K4 Streamlined 3768 steam locomotives lined with two sections

Three of the Lehigh Valley K-5 and K-6 Pacific-type steam locomotives lined with three sections

Two of the Milwaukee Road F-1 Pacific-type steam locomotives lined with two sections

Two of the Milwaukee Road G6PS Ten-Wheeler-type steam locomotives lined with two sections

Santa Fe Three F7 EMD , ATSF 3460 Blue Goose In The Chicago Station 1937

PRR K4 3768 Bronze sits to the 1939 New York World's Fair

PRR K4 3768 Green sits to the 1939 New York World's Fair

NYC Dreyfuss J3 Hudson #5453 is at the 1939's New York World's Fair

DLW 4-6-4 #1151 is at the 1939's New York World's Fair

PRR K4 3768 Replica to DeWitt Clinton is at the 1939's New York World's Fair

NC&StL City of Memphis On The Nasville, TN 1947

Well it seems me and BillVu are now on a repainting frenzy. My own W.I.P Version of the B&O P-7, with my W.I.P New Haven Hudson in Black...
(For the record, I have recently noticed I accidentally painted the white strip [The Footplate] black and that has been amended! :) )

I only remembered the Black NH Hudson when thinking of Railworks, so I decided to go for a Trainz repaint! :D

For the record, I found the photograph Bill was inspired by to do that 'World Fair' screenshot. :)
PRR_K4s_streamlined.jpg

Last edited:
Back