Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Good Luck Piere!

NKP High speed freight on the plains

Over the top

:D
Thanks Norm.

Wow, that's an impressive vista in your shots there.

Your NKP post is a timely one as well, as I was just remembering that amazing model and decided to take it for a spin on JR's beautiful Tidewater route.

Isn't this just the most incredible loco model in the game?
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers,
Piere.

Great work. Out of the three YVRR locos you modeled, I would chose C. H. Grant (no. 21) as being worthy for preservation, if she made it into the 1950's.

Unfortunately the 21 didn't make the 1940s, let alone the 50s. Reason being, she was the lightest of all the engines the YV owned for any length of time, and more importantly she was awfully slippery. Really, Charlie Grant was the only person who could get her and much of anything else up to El Portal, so when he passed, the engine was abandoned.
In terms of eligibility, though, I'm absolutely shocked that none of the moguls are in tourist service, though I suppose 29 isn't entirely out of the picture in that regard. They were capable of pretty incredible things, as I can testify by the sheer length of the test consists I have to use to make sure 26 is performing to her 1939 power rating:
6952172FDA3A0DD3B4063F35B4232F7569D7E48E

Now in theory, I may have to drop one of these cars or risk stalling somewhere between Moss Canyon and El Portal, but she's actually running considerably below her class for this flatter section. That's some real power.

They were capable of pretty incredible things, as I can testify by the sheer length of the test consists I have to use to make sure 26 is performing to her 1939 power rating
SP crews called their moguls "Valley Mallets" because they could pull as many cars on the flatness of the San Joaquin Valley as the earlier cab forwards could over Donner Pass. On the Clovis Branch outside Fresno, Ca trains of 30 cars were common and standard power for the branch was a 2-6-0.

When and where will that Yosemite Valley locomotive will be released? Thats a great addition to the Yosemite Valley route available on DLS.

That is the intent (and where the screenshots are taken, naturally). The 26 (and hopefully her Baldwin-built sisters, before long) will eventually go on Trainz Forge along with updates to #21 and #23. There is something wrong with 23's scale...
Also, speaking of moguls in service on the SP, have a WWII-era shot of 26 switching together a last-minute extra bound for Modesto:
1BC4B25771B2DB198EA986654F23B988D88CF704

Dude, you don't have to ask if people saw something you did after every post you make. I'm sure lots of people saw your reskin. Just cause people don't comment on it doesn't mean no one saw it.

Thank you. I figured that older 4-4-0 locomotives on the PRR from the 1870's/80's most likely had made into the 1900's or even the 1910's because they only received their D class designation in 1895.
Originally it was wood-fired and used link and pin couplers, but I changed the fuel load in the tender to coal and added a knuckle coupler to update the engine to the 1890's/1900's.

I checked the thread about the updates for the K&L PRR D16sb and found that when Steve updated the 1223, he only did that engine; one of the other members of the time said on that thread that there were no plans to update 6217, the oil lamp version.

Last edited:
Why would boxcars be running with all their doors wide open ? Looks like their are loads inside ... doors shifting open and closed, when braking, and rough switching, can shear off the door stops, and run the doors off their track ends

Last edited:
Back