Page 419 of 420 FirstFirst ... 319369409417418419420 LastLast
Results 6,271 to 6,285 of 6289

Thread: Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

G'day All,

I took some of Togog's lovely DRGW locos and rolling stock for a run on the wonderful Baxter's Pass route by ljaguilar, from Trainz Route Workz (available HERE, if you haven't seen it yet).

I have only just found / downloaded this route, but it looks very nice and makes for a great, scenic trip. And, if you use cab mode for driving (I don't), I can only imagine that the 7-8% grades must be "interesting"

Cheers,
    Piere.

Nice screen shotz. The route looks impressive.

If you want to try Togog's locomotives on another narrow gauge route I have one on the Download Station. It is also challenging:

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    Nice screen shotz. The route looks impressive.

Phil
    Thanks Philskene.

Yes, I think I have almost all of your wonderful routes, both free and payware, including that one.

Cheers,
    Piere.

mighty Y6B's over coal country

Quote Originally Posted by Piere View Post
    G'day All,

I took some of Togog's lovely DRGW locos and rolling stock for a run on the wonderful Baxter's Pass route by ljaguilar, from Trainz Route Workz (available HERE, if you haven't seen it yet).

I have only just found / downloaded this route, but it looks very nice and makes for a great, scenic trip. And, if you use cab mode for driving (I don't), I can only imagine that the 7-8% grades must be "interesting"

Cheers,
    Piere.
    They must look funky going around Morro Castle. Those locomotives were never designed to take that kind of curve.

Appreciate the kind words on the route!
    I'm still here.

Quote Originally Posted by ljaguilar View Post
    They must look funky going around Morro Castle. Those locomotives were never designed to take that kind of curve.

Appreciate the kind words on the route!
    Yeah, I figured they probably weren't the best match for the route (prototypical knowledge isn't my strong suit), but I just thought it was fun to grab some nicely done trains and go for a scenic run on a nicely done route (and thanks for creating and sharing it too).

Cheers,
    Piere.

Just another day on the old TF line.

I didn't know where to post this, so I'm asking for an indulgence, a dispensation, to post it here.

Yes, this thread is for screen shots. But this is a video.
    Yes, it's "Screenshots USA". It is set in the USA, though it is a model railroad. It is a steam locomotive, but European, though it has been Americanized by the fitting of North American knuckle couplers and a North American whistle.

Best watched full screen and at 1080p or 1440p (the higher resolution is notably better, though it does depend on Internet connection and monitor resolution):

_____

For those interested:

The locomotive:

The locomotive is by togog.
    I used one of Peter Villaume PEVSoft tools, "Attachment Maker", to make an attachment mesh for the knuckle couplers on the locomotive and tender.
    The whistle is by K&L Trainz.
    I made some of the textures of the locomotive and tender 20% brighter using Faststone Image Viewer. This allows the wonderful details in the mesh to become visible. And the two tone greys look nice too.

The video:

For a long time I have been using FAPS (payware) to record videos and more recently Shotcut (freeware) to edit the videos, adding the transitions, the fade ins and outs, adding the text, adding the music.
    But FRAPS is just not cutting it anymore. The maximum resolution is 1080p and it introduces lots of stuttering.

I've tried OBS Studio (freeware) and Bandicam (payware). Both are excellent. Both allow high resolution recording with only a slight impact on frame rates and only minor stuttering.

However and despite numerous requests in the OBS Forums, OBS does not give any on screen indication that a recording is being made.
    Eventually The Dispatcher pointed me to a web site predating Roman times for a solution. The Despatcher deciphered the ancient hieroglyphics as "Use the Scroll Lock key as the keyboard shortcut for recording -- then although you will still not have an on screen indication, you will have an indication light on your keyboard". I've also used the Caps Lock key for screen grabs.

Bandicam is similar to FRAPS. The frame rate indicator changes from green to red while recording.
    The disadvantage of Bandicam, apart from the cost, is that it does not record at a constant bit rate, which seems to be essential for Shotcut.

Anyway, for the video I thought Bandicam was marginally better than OBS, Shotcut made a constant bit rate version of the Bandicam video (which blew out in size from 14.8GB to 88.7GB), and the edited and compressed version that I uploaded to youtube finished at a more manageable 4.6GB.

Phil
    _____

Edit --

I've received a PM pointing out that these locomotives were actually built in North America and sent to Europe to overcome a shortage of motive power after WW2. This Wikipedia article confirms this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SNCF_Class_141R

Over 1,000 locomotives were delivered.

For a North American locomotive they look extremely graceful:

Last edited by philskene; July 25th, 2022 at 04:37 AM.

I've received a PM pointing out that these locomotives were actually built in North America
    I have a 1946 Lima Locomotive Works magazine ad that shows one of these being load aboard ship for delivery to Europe. It also shows H-8, NKP Berk, etc. "Don't sell these steam giants short. They have their place, and in their place are unsurpassed.", it says.

Best,
    smyers

Blog Entries

work hard, Play harder

.. Est-Etat 241A Mountain by edh6 ..

TRS22 117669 - TRS19 117009

zsdua --

Nice screenshot. That locomotive looks very impressive -- is it on the Download Station? The Dispatcher is interested in obtaining one to go with his SNCF 141 R.

Phil

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by philskene View Post
    zsdua --

Nice screenshot. That locomotive looks very impressive -- is it on the Download Station? The Dispatcher is interested in obtaining one to go with his SNCF 141 R.

Phil
    It's payware from N3V. Here's the official thread for it: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/show...in-Locomotives
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mothebunny View Post
    Just another day on the old TF line.
    Does TF stand for Talluah Falls?
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.