Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

wow! Does Trainz 2019 really look like this? it looks like something you'd see on a Next Gen console with the graphics turned up to max.

Thank you, Claus! That's much appreciated. Yes, it's just TRS2019 out of the box. My graphics are maxed using an i7 8700K and 1080ti card. All the items in the scene are freeware, I think, except the engine (K&L O9a) and the dilapidated street textures which I made myself.
Best,
smyers

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

sISJnEO.jpg

R8X9FQA.jpg

w2DZqBk.jpg

The route is Indiana Western with a few personal touches applied to it such as PBR textures and track, water recolor, TRC crossings, replacement of billboard trees, and a few asset replacements.

Last edited:
Pretty cool, normhart. Very reminiscent of Abingdon. I think the M's were often double headed.

A few of a transfer run on a WIP urban switching route...

M5BwGx9.jpg

MzeDRfQ.jpg

LyiETYf.jpg

Best,
smyers

Many thanks, felix_g. Few of us are as well qualified as you to know what a challenge that can be!

ahpYuUQ.jpg

Best,
smyers

Absolutely incredible shots Smyers. That is an amazingly detailed route that you're building.

What is the loco you're using in your shots? Is it a re-skin of K&L's 0-6-0?

Cheers,
Piere.

Many thanks, Piere. Yes, the engine No. 47 is a re-skin of the K&L CN O18 0-6-0. I was lucky enough to become familiar with the prototype at North Conway during the 80's. The lower shot is a re-skin of the freeware K&L PRR A5 0-4-0. They're both great in TRS2019. The K&L O9 is also a gotta-have if you like this sort of switching route.
Best,
smyers

Many thanks, Piere. Yes, the engine No. 47 is a re-skin of the K&L CN O18 0-6-0. I was lucky enough to become familiar with the prototype at North Conway during the 80's. The lower shot is a re-skin of the freeware K&L PRR A5 0-4-0. They're both great in TRS2019. The K&L O9 is also a gotta-have if you like this sort of switching route.
Best,
smyers

Thanks for the info Smyers. I do have the K&L 09 and 0-4-0, but I didn't realise that the 018 was nicely weathered like that as a base. You may have just contributed to yet another sale for K&L. I hope you're getting a commission. ;)

Cheers,
Piere.

I hope you're getting a commission

That's a good one, Piere!! I wish.

I did a couple of things with my O18. There's a texture in the texture folder called "lighter grey" I believe, that gives white running board edges and handrails. I darkened it quite a bit to go with the weathered look. There's a similar texture in the CN O18 drivers texture folder that gives white driving wheel sidewalls. Again, I darkened this one quite a bit as well. Same with the tender. Though I made clones of the engine and tender for my freelanced versions, ALL versions use the same driver dependency so the weathered drivers also showed on my stock CN versions, too. When I saw that, I applied the darkened "lighter grey" to the stock CN versions as well. I think they look much better as "working" locos. The O9 and PRR A5 don't have this issue as there aren't any white parts to consider.

Best,
smyers

Cobra1996, go get the O9a and make it a quartet!

Back