Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Great shots norm. It reminded me of MSTrains, there was a route with a mountain range the train climbed, most of the way up you could see the mainline down in the valley where you had been earlier. Course you pics are far above what what MST was able to do.

Rob

Here is one of #300 updated, new smoke, new e-spec etc. now TANE standard.

Please note, you don't gat lots of black smoke in cold temperatures.

Cheers,
Bill69.

Where might I find said Semphore Tower overcross like this one?

Was traveling thru the thread tonight enjoying the pics and came across this one, are these on DSL (Semaphore on Posts) these are so cool?

9d3bb6789dc27d8fdd60149f9fb67755.jpg

The L&A uses these semaphore signals throughout it's entire system. In larger cities they have begun to use the new CPL signaling. They seem to work fine in TANE also.

<kuid2:61556:2410143:1> 3 light Semaphore Bridge Signal
<kuid2:61556:2410145:1> 3 light Red Board Semaphore Signal LH
<kuid2:61556:26033:1> Semaphore Bridge Support

Dave

The boys in engineering what to see how some of the new updates to one of the L&A's Atlantic's did after adding an automatic stoker, super heated boiler, updated pistons, valve gear and roller bearings. With the engineering vehicle attached to the back of a coach they picked the area north of Winchester for its long straight flat track. With traffic cleared early Sunday morning and with J.R. "ironhand" Mctavish at the throttle the test began. Our famous or some say infamous Railfan through sources at the L&A got wind of the run. Calling in a few favors from other friends they setup along the route to photograph the run along with the official company photographers. When all was said and done the engineers recorded a top speed a 114 mph and 442 was still in great shape and ready for more. After the run ole Ironhand could be heard saying "Damn, I wish they'd let me do that more often."

ea34a77a4b3c2c9d64cfd6f754d51cb8.jpg

Dave

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg
another roller bearing equipped, oil fired 4-8-4 steam engine leads a short freight train on single track, the railroad's management office thought it was a great idea to have the second batch of these giant, Lima-built Northern giants burn oil instead of coal which eliminates the chance of fires erupting along the tracks therefore burning the ties that supports the rails.

Back