Page 390 of 390 FirstFirst ... 290340380388389390
Results 5,836 to 5,841 of 5841

Thread: Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Years ago, Ben Neal created several nice steam locomotives.
    Based on these assets the Carlsbad Steam Locomotive Works created some nice reskins like the Northern Pacific 2-8-8-2 Z4 #4503.

Of course, due to the use of much more polygons and the nowadays texture possibilities, new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way. But still I like these locos originally been built by Ben Neal!

In the video you can see how the Northern Pacific 2-8-8-2 Z4 #4503 goes westward at the NP track just about 4,5 miles west of Superior, MT in my Milwaukee Road “Alberton – Avery” route. Back in steam times these articulated engines were used at this line. Especially if the train was scheduled to run up over the NP Lookout Pass line to Mullan, ID and further west which included a steep grade of about 3,5%.

The Northern Pacific Lookout Pass line was something special. The NP was the first RR who built its tracks in Clark Fork River Valley from Missoula, MT to Paradise, MT (still in operation). Also the NP built the first line following the St. Regis River via De Borgia, Haugan and Saltese, MT to create a direct connection via Lookout Pass to Mullan, Wallace, Kellogg and Coeur d'Alene, MT to Spokane, WA. In 1909 the Milwaukee Road constructed its track parallel to the NP lines – mostly using the opposite river bank. But in 1933 a big flood destroyed the NP track of the Lookout Pass line between Haugan, and St. Regis, MT. From that time forward, the NP used the MILW track to between Haugan, and St. Regis, MT assess the Lookout Pass line. Later the Highway 10 was constructed at the old NP grade which had been destroyed by the flood.

Your's TUME

United States of America, Wisconsin (WI), Denmark

Southern Pacific action on the Mojave Subdivision.

tume --

"Of course, due to the use of much more polygons and the nowadays texture possibilities, new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way. But still I like these locos originally been built by Ben Neal!"

Absolutely. Though maybe I'd quibble slightly with the " ... new steam loco assets appear in a better looking way."

I'd be hard pressed to nominate a new steam locomotive that is better than this one of Ben's:

Phil

Ben's (ex) D&RGW 2-8-0 is the go-to Consolidation over here...

smyers

And I have a soft spot for Ben's high-stepping long-legged Savannah & Atlanta Railroad "Pacific":

Phil
    Last edited by philskene; February 24th, 2021 at 01:28 AM.

I like Ben's D&RGW 2-8-0 and the S&A 4-6-2, just wish I was better at reskinning.
    Pennsylvania Railroad affectionate PRRT&HS