Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

I like your mixture of trees Don, the stand of spruce in the middle of and above the pines and firs is very nice.

Last edited:
Thanks Norm, Here's a pic of alittle farther up the line.

2020-02-13-202739.jpg

from the other side.
2020-02-13-202828.jpg

Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended)

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Since changing over to Windows 10, this is the only picture size I get. When I go into Trainz Portal and try "copy" and return to the "screen shot forum", and "paste" it just will not happen.
Windows 7 you are surely missed!!!
What am I doing wrong?. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
That's a shame evilcrow, as yours are some of the best screenshots we've seen. I have Win 10 also and simply press the PrtScn key to get a screenshot. Screenshots go to C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local\N3V Games\trs19\build l256ia6m1\screenshots. Screenshots are 1920x1080. I don't use Trainz Portal at all. Perhaps that's where your images are being re-sized. Then I use Imgur to get them to the forum. Hope you find an answer. Your screenshots are great.

smyers

Thanks smyers, lets see if this works ?
That did not work, the screenshot in my folder is the correct size 1920 x 1080. I note that in Trainz Portal when one is logged in , the various icons now show the delete dustbin with a X on it.
Perhaps since installing Trainz on the new rig from the disk version SP2 (now patched to SP3 version 94829), on the old machine SP1 (patched to SP3 version 90945) I've somehow un-registered myself ??

view_media_post

https://imgur.com/V8VvJuc
Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
That could be it, evilcrow. See if you're still registered. I don't have any images on the Portal, so maybe I can't see the delete dustbin. However, I found some of your images and when I viewed the source info for a pic of a lash-up of F units (posted 2020-02-21) I got a message reading 970x546 (intrinsic 1920x1080) when I hovered over img src. It seems like the Portal is re-sizing your image, though I'm not 100% sure that's the case. I saw the pic at Imgur and that's what we're looking for. If you go to your images, copy the BBcode and paste it here in Go Advanced, the image should appear here. That's how I've been doing it. It's a little more work than the portal but it has been reliable.

Keep trying, evilcrow. We sure would miss your screens.

AzoO4kh.jpg

Trainz is the best for achieving that mid-century urban blight effect.

Best,
smyers

Last edited:
I've posted this in the freeware section too. Not exactly a screen shot, though it could be if I took a couple of screen grabs. Full screen / 1080p:

watch

Since changing over to Windows 10, this is the only picture size I get. When I go into Trainz Portal and try "copy" and return to the "screen shot forum", and "paste" it just will not happen.
Windows 7 you are surely missed!!!
What am I doing wrong?. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers, evilcrow
In the Trainz Portal, click view full image and copy image address, then post as usual on the forums
cheers
Graeme

Trainz is the best for achieving that mid-century urban blight effect.

Best,
smyers
Absolutely stunning as always Smyers. I love the look and feel that ypu achieve in your pics.

Is there any chance that any of your work might be available somewhere, someday? I would dearly love the chance to admire your efforts "in the flesh" so-to-speak.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thank you smyers and grazlash for your help and advice.
When I go into Trainz Portal and view the image full size, I right click the mouse, but no longer get the option to copy image address. Most strange, I will power up the old Windows 7 Machine and see if that is affected.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I will investigate Imgur further.

Smashing screenshot BTW, smyers.
EDIT;

This screenshot placed into the Forum via the Trainz Portal,using my Windows 7 machine that has Trainz build SP1 (disc version) 74702 through to 94916 SP3 installed.
On my Windows 10 machine using Trainz build SP2 (disk version) 88348 through to 105946 SP4 I am unable to use the Trainz Portal to gain screenshots, despite them appearing in that location, nor can I delete my own or vote for other Trainzers' screenshots. Windows 10 or registration problem with different build versions ???
Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
Quite a mystery, evilcrow. I just posted a screen to Trainz Portal to see what gives. I do see the dustbin and voting icons. I can get a full size image by clicking Open Image in New Tab. If I right click to copy image address and paste it here, all I get is a clickable http link, not the image itself. It seems that Trainz Portal is the problem somehow, though I'm not 100% sure. Maybe they made some changes there for who knows what reason. Clicking Full Size>> gives me a small image, not a real full size image.

Hang in there, evilcrow, we'll get it.

Best,
smyers

That screenshot makes me smile Don. So much goodness! I especially like those logging trucks but there are so many fine bits and pieces. Thanks for sharing. :D

Back