Page 410 of 418 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 ... LastLast
Results 6,136 to 6,150 of 6266

Thread: Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

the Master of Grime
    Indeed! And it's getting worse, as msgsapper has been uploading these superbly detailed machinery items in both sparkling-new and ex-Barry condition.

Is there no end?!? At least, in this tiny corner, it seems that some effort being made to get a handle on it.

Best,
    smyers

Nice one Smyers.

Appalachian Right of Way verison 1.0 (a N&W version)

Cheers, evilcrow

Wow, I'll bet the crew is actually enjoying the hot boiler backhead today.
    Say, Ken, is that the Auran Y6b in the pics? The reason I ask is that the driver sets appear out of synch however I can't get that with the Auran Y6b. On mine the driver sets are always in synch...

... and, for appearance, you'd like them to go in and out of synch as you drive. The K&L N&W A does it well, as do the JMB articulateds, and Ben Neal's original 2-8-8-2.

Many thanks,
    smyers

Hello smyers.

Yes the it's the latest Auran Y6b after "gloop" (as KotangaGirl describes it) reduction with "IMeditor". As for the drivers sync, it's mainly out of sync. I'm using the following engine spec: username "N&W Y6B Engine Specification" kuid <kuid:523:1972916>. The front drivers have an animdist of 4.597 and the rear drivers have the same. Try a double header and see if they differ. I must have a go next at Ben Neal's mallet.

Cheers, Ken

Cheers, Ken

Ken, how does one go about removing the gloop? I have a locomotive that used to be one of my favorites but the lighting in 2019 makes it look weird. Just too shiny.
    Will Champion

Ken

Your mention of this "animdist" seems to have done the trick!

I made the front drivers a slightly larger value than the rear and voila, they go in and out of synch making the whole experience much more enjoyable. Many thanks!!

I'm not quite sure what "gloop" reduction is, but it sounds intriguing. I have yet to use IMeditor. Next, I'll get a screen or two of Ben's original USRA 2-8-8-2. It's held up fairly well, I'd say, as have so many of his locos.

Best,
    smyers

I would also be interested in hearing more about this "gloop" reduction (or increase). Am I right in thinking it affects the shine of the item? If so, that's something I'd like to be able to do in some cases.

Cheers,
    Piere.

TRS22 116912 - TRS19 116678

The N&W A-class and the PRR FG-1 artics by K&L have drives that come in and out of sync. Same with Ben Neal's VGN AG-class:

It looks lovely but I've never been able to get the Auran Y6b to perform satisfactory in Cab Mode. There is something quite weird about the way this locomotive is set up.

Phil

Another of Ben Neal's 2-8-8-2...

Lettered for my home road. Also dirtied up the rods and valve gear, and reduced some of the leaking steam effects as I felt they hid the mechanism too much.

Best,
    smyers

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy559 View Post
    Ken, how does one go about removing the gloop? I have a locomotive that used to be one of my favorites but the lighting in 2019 makes it look weird. Just too shiny.
    In the IMEditor window Ken is showing in post #6139 you'll note that object 16's material is shown as m.thumpev. My guess is that is the main body texture or at least one of them. The material needs to be changed to m.reflect which will require clicking on the click button at the end of the Reflection texture menu box. Find env_metal in the asset folder when the folder opens and click on that. You're almost done now, but make sure to change the reflection amount to between 0-5% depending on how much shine you want. Leave it at 100% and it will look like a star was shovelled into the boiler. Save everything and submit your edits, then take a look in the Preview window to see if it's what you want.

There's soooooo many nice screenshots been posted here while I've been all daft sleepy. The new Williamette is awfully tempting, but all these big articulated engines being posted are enough to turn a steam fangirl's head. Any routes with decent sized hills anybody could recommend for me try one out on with the steam controls.

And who could forget the Master of Grime and his brilliant and utterly unhygienic screenshots.

Narcolepsy is not napping.

And who could forget the Master of Grime
    Many thanks, KotangaGirl. You might try philskene's own Phootenote and Fourword. Quite a bit of formidable mountain scenery there. Jr's Coal Country is a good one, though it's set up in a contemporary era. Many run steam on it. Don't forget to grab the Big Boys over at Trainz-Forge, along with the ANL Late Challengers. All terrific.

Best,
    smyers

Quote Originally Posted by smyers View Post
    Many thanks, KotangaGirl. You might try philskene's own Phootenote and Fourword. Quite a bit of formidable mountain scenery there. Jr's Coal Country is a good one, though it's set up in a contemporary era. Many run steam on it. Don't forget to grab the Big Boys over at Trainz-Forge, along with the ANL Late Challengers. All terrific.

Best,
    smyers
    Thanks very much smyers. I shall certainly give the Phootenote and Fourword a try. I've been looking at the big engines over at Trainz-Forge and wondering if I should.
    Narcolepsy is not napping.

I'd say go for it, KotangaGirl...

Big Boy at the coal dock. Challenger behind. The Big Boy pack is outstanding. You even get 4014 specific, as converted to oil, the iconic smokebox chalk mark and so on. These are the kinds of packs you D/L just to have. The Challengers give you all liveries, elephant ears, oil or coal, Two Tone Grey, etc., very tough to top. I know, I sound like an ad, but really, grab 'em while you can. You never know...

Best,
    smyers
    Last edited by smyers; January 25th, 2022 at 02:31 AM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by KotangaGirl View Post
    In the IMEditor window Ken is showing in post #6139 you'll note that object 16's material is shown as m.thumpev. My guess is that is the main body texture or at least one of them. The material needs to be changed to m.reflect which will require clicking on the click button at the end of the Reflection texture menu box. Find env_metal in the asset folder when the folder opens and click on that. You're almost done now, but make sure to change the reflection amount to between 0-5% depending on how much shine you want. Leave it at 100% and it will look like a star was shovelled into the boiler. Save everything and submit your edits, then take a look in the Preview window to see if it's what you want.

There's soooooo many nice screenshots been posted here while I've been all daft sleepy. The new Williamette is awfully tempting, but all these big articulated engines being posted are enough to turn a steam fangirl's head. Any routes with decent sized hills anybody could recommend for me try one out on with the steam controls.

And who could forget the Master of Grime and his brilliant and utterly unhygienic screenshots.

Thanks very much for the info Annie. I can see that there are fors and againsts to using it, but another trick to add to the toolbox.

Original on the right and new, slightly shinier and richer colours on the left. Thanks again.

Edit: and another thankyou.I had tried to reskin Togog's OAHU parlor car <kuid2:222925:266:7> to match cmoehrle's Osprey Lake coaches but couldn't, for the life of me, get the colours to really match. After modifying the reflectance with the info you provided, I'm now much happier with the result. New version on the left, my original reskin on the right.

Cheers,
    Piere.
    Last edited by Piere; January 25th, 2022 at 05:10 AM.