Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Texas & Pacific I-1a #610 pulls the American Freedom Train over tidewater (Don't have a route that'd fit well for T&P stuff so).
T%26P-610-American-Freedom-Train.jpg

T%26P-610-American-Freedom-Train-2.jpg

Thanksgiving is getting close and the boys in the Levi light maintenance shop are getting the 2 streamlined locomotives that will be double heading train #1101 from Levi to Cincinnati and back on "Black Friday". You will notice that the locomotives are being kept warm and using the the shops steam as not to allow the engine to be come "cold" and reduce stress on the boiler and stay bolts. More about train #1101 after Thanksgiving as I'm sure the Railfan will be writing another story to submit to the papers and magazines from Alice's Restaurant.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Here we have #97 pulling one of the freshly cleaned and detailed Shoppers Express coaches out of the passenger car shops in Levi. 97 works this shop a lot lot due to its small size and due to the length of many of the lines heavy weight passenger equipment. Many of the Shoppers Express coaches will come out before the 1st class roomette cars as they will be top notch come Black Friday.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Employees and even the L&A police have given up on chasing the infamous Railfan off L&A property and word has it he or she has been given unofficial clearance to photograph L&A equipment and facilities as it appears their pictures have made it into both newspapers and magazines and has been good for company publicity.
Dave

If you want the one in the photo though, then that's Greencoast Studios. I do love the Texas locomotive and all of the different paint schemes and attachments for the engine.

Here it is Black Friday and here on the L&A the Shoppers Express is sporting her longest consist of the year and she'll maintain this until the New Year. The Shoppers Express was started in 1898 when the company executives wives wanted to go shopping in Cincinnati as it is the largest shopping district west of New York City. This train is subsidized by the merchants in the big cities the L&A serves and the idea was that if the ladies didn't have to spend much on the train tickets they would have more money to go shopping. To say the least the idea caught on and the Black Friday train is sold out about a month before the big day and the stores have buses waiting at Union Terminal waiting to carry the shoppers to their stores and special entrances to add more to the shopping experience. There a number of Shoppers Expresses in all the L&A's major markets, train #35 and #36 is the first.

Early morning the holsters are coaling and watering 2 of the handsome streamlined locomotives that will double head the whole train from Levi to Cincinnati.

L%26A-Route.jpg

Its 2:30 am here in Levi and the train has pulled up to the platform which is jammed with sleepy passengers still sleeping off their Thanksgiving dinner.
L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The Railfan will be chasing the the Shoppers Express ail the to Cincinnati and be posting pictures through out the day.

Dave

It's 6:05 and the Shoppers Express has pulled into Winchester on time. This is the halfway point and dispatch is making sure this train has a clear line ahead all the way to Maysville. This is a big stop for the train and it will pick up quite a few more passengers along with the department store representatives. The store reps have samples of the "must have items" along with models to show off the latest winter fashions. They will also be busy trying to lure the customers to take their bus to the store openings and will call ahead to advise the store to get extra buses if they can fill their bus.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave

Maysville is the last long stop for the shoppers Express before its final stop in Cincinnati. Already the department store reps are sending the conformations of how many shoppers they have boarding their stores buses. After this stop the train will be packed with anxious shoppers ready the the door buster sales.

7:40 AM and the conductors are calling all aboard as this train will be leaving in 5 minutes. The crew will not let this train run late!

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

And here comes the C&O's Fast Flying Virginian into Maysville.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave

Last weeks snow was enough for the MK Timber Co. to send word to the camps to winterize both the camps and equipment and get ready to come home for the winter. MK's "big gun" mallet and crew has been tasked to start emptying out the camps of logs as many loads as possible before the heavy snows start. Both the train and dry sort crews know the next few weeks will be busy, but at least they will be home for Christmas.

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

L%26A-Route.jpg

Dave

C_Blabsky --

Just out of curiosity, what route is that? It has all the hallmarks of "Krashnburne" -- the two cranes, the bridge far left, the cobble stone textures. But it ain't got no model railroad brick walls, it has different sky effects and I'm pretty sure I didn't position those crates under the crane.

Phil

Mr. philskene, it is indeed Krashnburne. I frequently tear down the beautiful walls and doors so carefully placed by MRR creators.

sBAXKN2.jpg
[/IMG]

The crates musta fallen off the back of a truck.

Love your work,, BTW; have all your routes even though my machine can't run Ultra.

regards,
Blabsky

Well, removing the walls and changing the sky gives an entirely different perspective. The screen shot above looks excellent. I'm trying to dig deep into my memory. It has all the hallmarks -- from left to right - the freight house, the old shed, the yard office, the overhead water tank, the switch stand, the corrugated iron fence, the old factory. Must be one of mine. "The Mann, Phrom, Laramee"?

Setting "Shader" to Ultra will allow you to see the PBR 3D textures. Also turn on "Detail" to show the TurfFX effects. It makes a big difference:

Rivercide%20N%26W%20A%20Class%202-6-6-4_03.jpg

The setting that really tanks frame rates for me is "Shadow". Anything above High is catastrophic.

Phil

Last edited:
@philskene, what GPU and CPU are you using, and how much RAM installed on the motherboard? I am asking to compare with my system. I run the Shadow at Ultra, on an Intel 4790K CPU, GTX 1080 GPU, and 32GB RAM.

i7-4790, GTX 1070, 16GB.

It's adequate for my layouts, but then they are extremely frame-rate friendly:

At some stage I'll upgrade to something like a RTX 2070. That card seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. Good performance at a non-astronomical price. In short supply though.

Phil

This year delayed any new machine; current one really, really doesn't like Ultra and Turfx. But at some reduced settings, there is joy!

8A1jk3k.jpg
[/IMG]

Back