Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

fd0621ddac6dc997596cb3241876b72b.jpg

Hi Matt
I remember one session for the Ashland route. It may have been in 2004. The reason I remember it was it came with a long text files listing all the moves to make. The names of the cars to be pick up and dropped were listed along with the location. Ex boxcar CN 230455 drop at Yard Track 4.
I'm amazed at how sharp the route looks in TANE.

Rob

Hi Matt
I remember one session for the Ashland route. It may have been in 2004. The reason I remember it was it came with a long text files listing all the moves to make. The names of the cars to be pick up and dropped were listed along with the location. Ex boxcar CN 230455 drop at Yard Track 4.
I'm amazed at how sharp the route looks in TANE.

Rob

Thanks Rob, I did find that leeferr made two sessions for the route that are on the DLS and easily found. I haven't delved into them as yet but a quick open seems to show them at least semi functional in TANE.

So far, other than routes that have lots of off DLS assets, I have not found many routes that do not look stunning in TANE. Of course the better the original the better they look in TANE. :D (and it helps if you are very selective on the shots you pick to post)

Mcguirel's track is the default track.
Ah, as I said, my mind is going. :) Based on how good her track looked on this route I downloaded all her tracks, which I hadn't looked at before, I really like her technique of a sub surface extended ballast base. To bad they aren't procedural. There are some German (I think) tracks that have something like this except they have a sub surface dirt base with a gravel bed on top, looks quite nice filling in terrain irregularities.

Mcguirel's track produces scattered ballast effects like this,

Very nice. :D

Last edited:
Interesting.... The generic 2-8-0 was built from drawings for a Illinois Central 2-8-0 from MR... But I see some resemblance. Cool.

Back