Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

If you were a miner at Red Mountain, Colorado in 1895 and wanted to go to your sister's wedding in Muldoon by train you would have to travel by three different narrow gauge railroads.

First you'd catch the Silverado Railroad down to Silverado, CO

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Where you'd catch the Denver & Rio Grande Railway to Durango, CO

And head into the Animus River Gorge

to be continued

Into the "flatlands" and the last leg to Durango

and the meet up with our final transfer to the Rio Grande Southern Railroad

Might as well settle in for the 74 mile run to Muldoon.

Vaya con Dios amigos! :D

Last edited:
That 2-6-2T is currently private content. IIRC Trainboi1 has stated that it will be up for download on Trainz Forge eventually, but he has a number of higher priority projects at the moment, so don't expect it (or any other piece of ANL's content) any time soon.

This is another 4-6-0 steam engine, built in 1905 and is seen here taking on a more striking wild west paint scheme.

Thank you for the compliments, smyers and Heinrich505.
Your urban shots, smyers are most wonderful.

Legacy of the Burlington Northern (amended).

First day of Spring.

Cheers, evilcrow

evilcrow --

Great screenshot. Is that one of Ben Neal's? The one that, I think, has a heritage that goes way back to MSTS?

Phil

Amazing shot, evilcrow. Lighting is perfect. Though I wish we had more small/intermediate switchers to work with...

WAGzXrs.jpg

...of course the ones we do have are great.

Best,
smyers

Many thanks, MP242.
Much of the interest in inner city railroads came from Earl Smallshaw (Middletown and Mystic Mines) which had quite a bit of nicely done urban scenery. Then his story about a "friend" who he asked to add Walschaerts valve gear, a half a pound (or so) of brass castings, a can motor, flywheel and sound to his antique Varney Dockside. The result was spectacular. That was 1981 or so.

One modeler said a square foot of detailed urban scenery was more interesting than a square yard of rural countryside. That's open to opinion, of course, but I understand what he's getting at. Both have strengths and weaknesses.

jknenvj.jpg

Best,
smyers

Outstanding feel of the area, smyers, that's not the part of town to be in when trains are switching and local people doing whatever is illegal, it kind of reminds me of downtown Chicago or some other city in the US.

Last edited:
Great pics of long train here.

2020-03-02-214347.jpg

Norm, I am going for more of a un-painted look so when I paint it, it will look more like a stain and let the wood show though.

Back