Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

Okay, so I have a question. How do I set up a mars light with Lilb's engine script? I'm working on a locomotive that uses a Mars light. Please help.

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

I suggest you look at how ussc1798's UP FEF's handle Mars Lights Logan.

Technically Speaking, Logybear's question is still rather valid.

My FEFs only had the ability to show or hide the mars light, and were unfortunately not able to have that mars light have the ability to actually turn on and function. That is something that I have been looking into since before the FEFs' release.

@ Logybear. While I am certainly no expert when it comes to real-life mars and classification lights and how they were used, my general understanding has been that (for the FEFs) the mars light turns on when the locomotive is going in reverse. To get something like this to work in Trainz, it probably would not need a script as all you would have to do is create a "a.light1" attachment on the loco rotated 180 degrees. However, the issue here would be making sure that the mars light is the correct color as the forward light would be whitish while the mars light would be red.

Although, in the case of ANL's FEFs, the mars light was set up as a ditchlight which would come on whenever the headlight was turned on and would blink when the ditchlights were applied. (In the case of ANL's FEFs that had a mars light.)

As for doing some form of mars light using lilbscript, there is most likely a way to do it, but I have no idea.

I tried everything under the sun(That i know) and can't figure out what to name the attachment point and how to get it to turn on by pressing the keypad one. I'm trying to do a flashing mars light that works.

Thanks,
Logan Thurman

"Mars Lights used a variety of means to cause the light to oscillate vertically, horizontally, or both, to catch the attention of motorists and pedestrians."

Hum, Paul of PaulzTrainz uses flashing red light and flashing white lights but they can not be turned off. landrvr uses them on his
CB&Q Pioneer Zephyr - 9900 (Mars Light) but they come on with the headlights and are steady on. trainboi1 has them on his CB&Q EMD FT-A - Mars light and it has the oscillating motion I remember but his are not illuminated.

Of the three I guess I like Paul's the best at night (the red and white flashing is quite noticeable) and trainboi1's during daylight.

Last edited:
Take a look at Llibs GS-4, functioning Mars light with the push of a key that isn't tied to the main light key. All that would need to be changed is the color.

Take a look at Llibs GS-4, functioning Mars light with the push of a key that isn't tied to the main light key. All that would need to be changed is the color.

If a directional corona could be attached to trainboi1's oscillating Mars light that would be as I remember them. Trainboi1's Mars light is key controlled.

Guys, I'm trying to get it to work like the GS-4, but so I don't have to have the GS4 engine script, but the Lilb Loco script instead.

Guys, I'm trying to get it to work like the GS-4, but so I don't have to have the GS4 engine script, but the Lilb Loco script instead.
I never looked at Brian's mars light script, so I don't know if he changed anything on it. Unfortunately he lost the decrypted version he had and the documentation has since been taken out, so I can't help you, but I'm fairly sure it works differently on his script library than on the GS-4 standalone script.

"Mars Lights used a variety of means to cause the light to oscillate vertically, horizontally, or both, to catch the attention of motorists and pedestrians."

Hum, Paul of PaulzTrainz uses flashing red light and flashing white lights but they can not be turned off. landrvr uses them on his
CB&Q Pioneer Zephyr - 9900 (Mars Light) but they come on with the headlights and are steady on. trainboi1 has them on his CB&Q EMD FT-A - Mars light and it has the oscillating motion I remember but his are not illuminated.

(Shot removed)

Of the three I guess I like Paul's the best at night (the red and white flashing is quite noticeable) and trainboi1's during daylight.
Ahhhhh!! Disesels!

A red mars light only comes on when you put the brakes into emergency. That's why the light on Trainboi1s F units isn't lit up, the brakes aren't in emergency (cab mode only). Although I can't remember if you have to have the non-emergency mars light activated even if it isn't present on the model. If it doesn't work by just putting it in emergency, try pressing 1 on the number-pad and then putting it into emergency.

-Ben

Last edited:
Oh dear a Gas Turbine locomotive has broken down but fortunately help has arrived.

Hey buddy this is a Steam thread not a Gas Turbine thread get out of the picture.

I would've used Sherman Hill but the route is too new for my version of Trainz and money is tight for me to get 12 or TANE which I don't think my laptop can run it.

Back