Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

October 9th, 1945

The war has been over for almost 2 months and the PRR is experiencing an upswing in mail and express service due to relaxation of wartime restrictions.

A PRR T-1 is assigned as road power with two K4s helpers to insure that the train makes it over the mountains and on its way to it's next stop in Pittsburgh. The two Helpers will cut off at Cresson and return light to Altoona.

October 9th, 1945

The war has been over for almost 2 months and the PRR is experiencing an upswing in mail and express service due to relaxation of wartime restrictions.
Gotta love the story that accompanies the screenies! I also find the autumn scenes intriguing; to see the mixture of trees in various stages of leaf color and loss only makes these scenes all that more realistic.

Is that a DEM ?

I like the coal transfer, coaling bridge kitbashing

27596098361f4091bcd315f869c37a65.jpg

Kittanning%20Point%20Station%20+%20Coaling%20Bridge%20%281920s%29%20a%20800x558.jpg

PRR%20M.E.60C%20Horseshoe%20Curve%20800x.jpg

PRR%20M.E.14G%20600dpi%20800x.jpg

PRR%20M.E.826A%20Kittanning%20Point%20800x.jpg

PRR%20M.E.825B%20800dpi%20800x.jpg

They used "man pushed" ore hoppers, to dump coal down off the bridge to locomotive tenders, and I believe they also had watering spouts mounted on the coal transfer bridge. At one time they even had at least 2 ground mounted water columns at that location, and 1 mile long water "tank tracks" a short distance eastward, and a hillside water tank, fed by watershed runoff.

Last edited:
The route is the Horseshoe Curve Demo route by Stmsoccer made that TrainzPA (now Trainz Forge) hosted awhile ago... I have no idea if it is still available or not...

As for it being a DEM, I have no idea.... I assume so.

I really wanted to see how the rest of the route was going to look, but the finished route never came out.

I guess if I want a PRR Era steam route.............eh, something to think about.

EDIT:

Figured I might as well give the consist info out...

K&L's post war K4 (Times 2), N3V DLC T-1 (post 1942) from the Fleet of Modernism, Magicland's B60B express and baggage cars, and a K&L P70 Coach bringing up the rear.

I got the idea for the pic from the book "Decade of the Trains the 1940s" by Don Ball and Rogers E.M. Whitaker, better known as E.M. Frimbo. One of the pics in the book shows 2 K4s and a T-1 on a troop train passing Alto Tower heading West.

In the same vain as the book:

Last edited:
Hey guys, that is my demo route from TrainzForge. Right now it isn't up on the site, but I recently installed Trainz on my computer and starting working on it again after a long time of getting caught up in school. I may release the route in segments if you guys would rather not wait for the whole thing. Making things look like the 30s is rather difficult even with a bunch of pictures.

Josh

Hey guys, that is my demo route from TrainzForge. Right now it isn't up on the site, but I recently installed Trainz on my computer and starting working on it again after a long time of getting caught up in school. I may release the route in segments if you guys would rather not wait for the whole thing. Making things look like the 30s is rather difficult even with a bunch of pictures.

Josh

Josh,

whatever you wanna do... would love to see what is done so far.

I have what I call, perfectionist disorder haha. I can't leave anything sit alone I always try and change it all and never get anywhere because of it.

Josh
I'd love it in segments if you want, I am dying to see what you have so far (especially since I want to see good 30's route making so I can take notes). I'm pretty sure that most routes are never done there is always something more to be touched up, added, or realigned.

( stmsoccer ) I had and really enjoyed your section of the PRR route, was sorry it went down . Thanks. And thanks for the shots n8phu
My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Matt

PFE headed East, The 49er headed for SF;

TS12SP1HF4 Donner Pass Winter v1.1 by TrainzItalia Rolling Stock by PaulzTrainz except PFE boxcars.

Last edited:
PFE headed East, The 49er headed for SF;

TS12SP1HF4 Donner Pass Winter v1.1 by TrainzItalia Rolling Stock by PaulzTrainz except PFE boxcars.
I see you picked a great spot there Normhart, usually from this location to the Snowshed Turntable is where I do most of my Winter Screenshots on Donner Pass. :) Quick question have you been able to fixed or did the new Hotfix any of the snow sheds in this area of the route? :)

I see you picked a great spot there Normhart, usually from this location to the Snowshed Turntable is where I do most of my Winter Screenshots on Donner Pass. :) Quick question have you been able to fixed or did the new Hotfix any of the snow sheds in this area of the route? :)

Hey Matt, my TANE install is terminally crashed and corrupted I have a backup and a DL version but I'm not going to bother with TANE much anymore, perhaps after SP1... maybe.

I never tried getting Donner Pass into TANE anyway, too much work for too little fun.

Back