Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

A couple shots of my kitbash of Atchison, Topeka & Santa Fe no. 5000, currently on static display in Amarillo, Texas.

jusWqst.jpg

KxU8dDC.png

ATSF no. 5000 and BNSF no. 566 about to head a BNSF employee appreciation special out of Haugan, Montana.

This shot makes me wonder how ATSF 5000 would look double-headed with either ATSF 3751 or ATSF 2926.

cQuATZW.jpg

31431jp.jpg

This shot showcases my early 20th Century freight equipment, notably the wooden vintage boxcars, and gondolas mixed in with the latest USRA standard steel cars, hauled by a Harriman UP 2-8-0 Consolidation, a typical steam locomotive of the WW1 era.

Warning Alt. History strikes again...

The C&O introduced a new train that would run between Washington D.C. and the Greenbrier Resort in West Virginia. This train became wildly popular with both Washington power brokers and lobbyist. It has been said that many deals are completed on board away from prying eyes and eavesdropping of the press and other outsiders. Seeing this success and a desire from the cities of both Chicago and Cincinnati to have a world class resort destination for both business and pleasure the C&O made another train like the Washington Greenbrier. The mid-west Greenbrier was introduced just a few years later to resounding success.

In this picture the mid-west Greenbrier is seeing less happier times. The invasion of the US from Canada by British Empire troops has razed many of the cities along the Great Lakes due to enemy battleships entering the St. Lawrence water way and into the great lakes in an attempt to mount pressure to cut the US from the world with a blockaded of the Atlantic coast. Chicago, Detroit, Cleveland, and Buffalo are in flames. Yet despite the losses to the north the C&O is still running the Greenbrier out of Cincinnati. As the city of Cincinnati has become a major player in the war effort many business leaders have become quite rich and powerful supplying the war and seeking new and old connections at the Greenbrier resort in an effort to make more money and business not only in the US, but world wide. So far every train is sold out each trip and business is booming.

free uploading site

I'm not happy with this new image hosting site. Since the apparent death of hosthenpost I'm not sure what to use for better quality image hosting?

Dave

Last edited:
yeah, Imgur is probably the best image hosting option right now. easy and free, images won't be removed, and there's no chance of it just going up like HTP did thanks to the fact it's such a major website

Northerns!
HmQBj2A.png

Cheers,
SM

one of the few completed areas on the M&A, a PRR D16sb poses for a early morning shot on the trestle over the Aberdeen River.

7sddvqL.jpg

Back