Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Roads with a shortage of baggage cars (particularly overstretched shortlines like the WVRR, or narrow-gauge lines that often had a shortage of passenger cars altogether) would use cleaned and configured boxcars instead. As I have yet to build baggage cars for the WVRR, I use boxcars for my head-end.

You can't leave 4449 behind. She is the pride of the Espee Daylight fleet! Will definitely buy when the pack is released.

I wasn't planning on it. After all, 4449 is, for want of a better saying, our only Steam Daylight. The only one that hasn't been scrapped.

Actually, now that I think about, lilb never did the BNSF and AFT versions. Never made 4449's auxiliary water tender either.

Last edited:
Roads with a shortage of baggage cars (particularly overstretched shortlines like the WVRR, or narrow-gauge lines that often had a shortage of passenger cars altogether) would use cleaned and configured boxcars instead. As I have yet to build baggage cars for the WVRR, I use boxcars for my head-end.

Could also modify one for an auxiliary tender, like the IRM did with that milk car they pair with the 1630. Would make for a nice excursion consist.

In large part, the WVRR does not carry auxiliary tenders per se (being a notable tourist road from the late 1930s and having steam in regular service until the early 1960s, it never lost enough of its steam infrastructure to merit them) but, following SPNG practice, carries water tank cars immediately behind any steam locomotives not fitted with a five- or six-axle tender (and even some of those fitted, depending on the running length and line section). This allows more flexibility, since the water cars can still be coupled and uncoupled as any car would be, and the engine can perform switching moves without the added length of a second tender.

Beautiful woodside heavyweight coaches trainboi1! Express boxcars have been a normal part of passenger consists for a very long time and are in use today by Amtrak (do a google search).

Thanks RGCX!

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

2-8-0 Consolidation No.89 prepares to take on more water in the yard.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

The Railroad's fleet of moderate sized 2-8-0 Consolidations has changed a little as evident by the paint scheme and the polished bell and whistle as one, this one No. 89 backs up to the water crane after passing under the sanding tower near the engine house which is long enough to accommodate locomotives of this wheel arrangement and the 2-8-2 Mikado.

Last edited:
Wow, those are awesome! I’m very surprised bout the GS-4. Let me know when you release those GS class locomotives.

Last edited:
In large part, the WVRR does not carry auxiliary tenders per se (being a notable tourist road from the late 1930s and having steam in regular service until the early 1960s, it never lost enough of its steam infrastructure to merit them) but, following SPNG practice, carries water tank cars immediately behind any steam locomotives not fitted with a five- or six-axle tender (and even some of those fitted, depending on the running length and line section). This allows more flexibility, since the water cars can still be coupled and uncoupled as any car would be, and the engine can perform switching moves without the added length of a second tender.

Very interesting, did not know that was what you'd intended on that, but makes perfect sense.

Wow, those are awesome! I’m very surprised bout the GS-4. Let me know when you release those GS class locomotives.

I'm actually starting to wonder if he's going to make the GS-5 as well. We already knew he's made the 2's, 3's, and 6's, and now we know he also crafted the GS-4, of which 4449 is a part of. That leaves the GS-5 unaccounted for.

I'm actually starting to wonder if he's going to make the GS-5 as well. We already knew he's made the 2's, 3's, and 6's, and now we know he also crafted the GS-4, of which 4449 is a part of. That leaves the GS-5 unaccounted for.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

WP GS-64 #485 runs a mixed freight through the Feather River Canyon, 1950.

Jg51dMd.jpg

PWEZcHV.jpg

lzpfrHx.jpg

4EYHLQg.jpg

rVBL7Lf.jpg

Oh yeah..............I forgot about the 6's WP counterparts...

Can't wait to get them so I can compare them with lilb's model.

Last edited:
Back