Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

Dermmy, you may also want to have a look at some of the rock cliffs, outcrops and escarpments that Dangavel put on the DLS for his Uintah and Timber Ridge routes. He put out a great number of them.

Coming to terms with PBR ground textures, I suppose it's a bit like everything else, the good ones are really really good, the ones that aren't good, well, they aren't. The river is my first attempt at a texture-only river (no 'water') and imho even close-up, it aint too shabby, if perhaps a tad too blue. Glacial melt, I guess....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

DEM terrain is Durango to Silverton, an oldie by fishlipsatwork, it's on the DLS but won't show in a search from the more recent versions of Trainz because of build number issues, I had to d/l it into TS10, export from there and import the TS10 cdp into TS19, a silly process necessitated by the developer's determination to needlessly 'break' old content: if it installs without error from TS10, why introduce that extra step?

Anyway, canyon railroading is turning out to be lots of fun, the vertical scale on this map is completely insane!

Andy ;)

Last edited:
Dermmy very nice textured river, sometimes its the only way the water does not always work the way you want it to I found.

Tom

Thankyou for the encouraging comments....

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Loco and rolling stock skins are simple edits of other people's work, mostly on Ben Neal models.

Does anybody know if there's a 'green jacket' Pacific available anywhere that I could play around with??

Andy ;)

Windows is never to be trusted on same drive as your Data or Programs, keep separated

If you change nothing else - because I'm assuming you mean a rotating type Hard Drive - Use an SSD. Something like: a 1tb NVME M.2. Ideally use two one as "C:" and the other as "X:". put windows on C: and Trainz on X:

My system is an Alienware Ryzen R10. Ryzen 7 5800, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080, and 1tb M.2

TRS 2019 run like silk with all sliders to the right.

Good Luck! I spent 5 months picking that configuration and that time included two systems (not Dell) returned with defective graphics cards.

Cheers,
--Michael.

Just to add to discussion here,,

I have 2.5Yr old ASUS ROG Laptop, initially came with one HD 42OORPM and one 512 SSD, 16 Gigs of Ram, and 4 Gig V Ram NVIDIA 1050 Gti.

In 1st year's end, I upgraded to SSD on D drive, 1 Tera, and changed out the 2nd SSD to 2 Tera Byte....System Ram bump up to 32Gig, maxed out.:)

Since then, I blew out one SSD Drive from overheating in Summer, Blues fault, not SSD, I have to own that one......:'(

With that said, best moves I ever made, no regrets........!

And as OP stated, "put windows on C: and Trainz on X:" I am old Geek, Dinosaur to be honest with you all, from the 70's and he is exactly right.

In our time you couldn't always get two drives on Computer, too expensive back then, so we partitioned our drive to separate Win from System Programs....But the fact remained, it was still one drive.....Now with way things are 2 Physically separate or more Drives is better way to go........

Of course always make sure you have 2 reliable backups off site, one in cloud, and another on External Drive off site if you can..........

Dermmy you have my heart love doing that with all the steamers I have download and brought so far for Eagle River lots of fun for hours, don't forget the 2 mallets #19, 20

Tom

Here is a couple nice locos Early Morning on Valley Western NH L1a by Pweiser off his site

Last edited:
Back