Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

one of the classic 2-8-0 Consolidation steam engines were originally available for use in freight service as it was their primary specialty, but there is always an exemption, this burly oil fired 4-8-4 Northern with the classic cab side diamond logo and circle emblem adorning the piston sides was spotted rumbling down the tracks shattering the evening silence while hauling a short cut of woodchip hoppers that are soon to be loaded.

The L&A took a different path in naming the classes of their locomotives. Instead giving them a simple letter or number classification they choose a name that fit its duty or icon along the route.

The Railfan caught one of the L&A's Thoroughbred class engines coming into Norwood Ohio. After this stop the engine will be brought into the Norwood shops to be feed and watered and the coaches cleaned for the return trip south.

XjJrjtY.jpg

KnaCZHF.jpg

About the same time an L&A "Miner Class" is leaving the Norwood yards with a string of empties heading back to the mines deep in Kentucky.

KFBh8DR.jpg

As giants pass.

23uS7OW.jpg

4prDmCO.jpg

O9thA26.jpg

Dave

The L&A took a different path in naming the classes of their locomotives. Instead giving them a simple letter or number classification they choose a name that fit its duty or icon along the route.

About the same time an L&A "Miner Class" is leaving the Norwood yards with a string of empties heading back to the mines deep in Kentucky.

KFBh8DR.jpg

As giants pass.

Dave
Nice shots Dave.

Is that Mallet available somewhere? It looks nicely weathered compared to the one I downloaded from the DLS.

Cheers,
Piere.

unusual Steam and Diesel activity on the Tidewater Western Railroad.

Despite being a steam only railroad, the Philadelphia Pennsylvania based Tidewater Western Railroad had some unusual activity involving one Lima Locomotive Works built1925 4-8-4 Northern and two of the Norfolk Southern Railroad's Diesel Locomotives seen here with a string of empty freight cars in tow, the steam railroad's management office is still scratching their heads in thinking, "what in the world is one of our steam engines doing with a pair of diesels that has no business being on our rails."

Nice shots Norm, although i have to say that K&Ls CN stuff just really seems at home on the Eagle River route. And the BC Rail stuff from RRMods too, of which the BCR SD40-2 does fit on the turntables, but just barely.

Yup, I doubt that either Steve or Scratchy thought of it but somehow they just fit together. In part I think it is the variety of smaller locomotives in K&L's CN line.

Back