Steamshots USA..Lets See Some Steam Shots..

The pics look great. Definitely a west coast look to it now.

That wasn't my goal but somehow many of my mods come out looking like that. :hehe:

I'm planning on several versions as I go along. I also have an all standard gauge version that will probably use the same trees (Roystrainz payware) that I used on my mod of the protoClinchfield route which I think looks more east coast.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

While the ACS V2 I showed above is intended to be in the 1920's. The standard gauge version will be modern era and intended for btvfd's Twin Peaks Timber Company.

I am planning a third version that will have all three ng lines, 2', 2'6", and 3', and will feature a combination of mcguirel's payware and other big trees. Something like this,

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

I'm not sure what era that will be, we will see... :) (No doubt steam, maybe Central Pacific 1860's with SP 3' gauge and other west coast narrow gauge from that era.)

Yes there is some EBT equipment available - though most of it is getting old by todays Trainz standards. Some are my own repaints of OP's work. The EBT hoppers are by Randal White aka whitepass. The 0-6-0 is Mike Ferrell's generic version of his MA & PA 0-6-0. I repainted and modified it for EBT's sg locos nos 3 and 6. Except for the alligator cross head it's not a bad fit for the no 3. I got Mike's permission to modify the model quite a bit so one version runs on the ng spline of the 3 rail dg track but looks like it's on the sg track. In this configuration it handles ng railcars just like the real no 3 and 6 did on EBT's dg track in Mt Union, PA. That's the one you see in the pics above. Keeping EBT's 3 rail track definitely complicated this unique operating feature.

Wow, I started digging through what was on the DLS and there is pretty good collection of EBT stuff. Fun stuff!

No, I swapped it out for my own dual gauge track. I made it for the EBT layout I started a long time ago. EBT's yards and industrial track in MT Union, PA had miles of the stuff on the ground. Yes, there are a lot of dg turnouts in Mt Union where both gauges are switched and others where only 1 gauge is switched plus the normal ng and sg turnouts.

I have a set of track splines I use that are similar to Max Nelson's MAN6 except I have no 4 rail version. Max and I exchanged a number of emails way back and I made my own versions with my own mesh. I added fill (embankments) to the ng track splines I use outside the yards on the EBT. I use those a lot.

The dg turnouts are controlled using 2 switchstands but one is a "slave" that's controlled thru a junction link (a scripted scenery asset) <kuid:122381:10003> by Mitzi. Description says it links two junctions that will be switched together as one unit. Both the "slave" switchstand and junction link "cube" are visible only in Surveyor, so it looks and works right in Driver - you only have to work with 1 switch stand. The stands are elvenor's that I've cloned and modified for use on my EBT layout. EBT used a different type but I like them and I think of Max when I see them.

Bob Pearson

I should have looked closer at the track, it is pretty good looking Bob. I've been meaning to use Mitzi's link on my version of Timber Ridge but haven't found the time (story of my life). elvenor's harps are among my favorite switch stands too.

Looking forward to more of your screenies of the EBT.

Last edited:
I'm so into all the vintage wooden freight equipment.

Really hope they'll see the light of day. They'll be a good match with the St. Clair Tunnel Co. switchers and pretty much other 1880's to turn of the century stuff out there. Looking forward to them.

Back