Invitation to our annual TrainzDepot - meeting (31.08-02.09 in Passau, Bavaria)

-Basti-

[h=2][/h]

Hello guys,

as in the past, this year TrainzDepot organizes a Trainz - meeting in germany.

It will take place in Passau (Bavaria) from 31. August to 02. September this year (A Weekend, Fri - Sun).

For more information, have a look here (german) or ask here or via private message.

Costs for hotel goes from ~50€ (bed in a 4-bed room) to 90€ (single room) for both nights including breakfast.
Costs for participation (including all costs for events) are around 60€.

I decided to announce it here, because Passau is located on the Austrian border and not far from east-european countries.

So have fun,

Basti

Since my German is terrible and my question a general one:
Could you tell us a bit about what we can expect at such a meeting and if it is worth it to visit if you do not master the German language?

I think many of us understand english language, so this would be no problem.

A short overview over the events:

Friday:
People arrive in Passau, we go to our meeting room, discuss about trainz, talk and such and we go to search some good restaurant :)

Saturday:
We rented a train (West-german V60 with traincar) and drive from Passau HBF to Freyung via the "Ilztalbahn".
Arrived in Freyung, we visit the local brewery "lang bräu" and have the ability to try the beer.
After, we drive back with our train to Passau, to the depot of "Passauer Eisenbahnfreunde", a local train club.
We have a look around there and they guide us over their area.

In the evening we also go to our meeting room, if we like then, we can have a look around Passau's city and its restaurants and pubs :cool:

Sunday:
Early in the morning, we take a local train from Passau main station to Gotteszell (train change in Plattling),
in Gotteszell a rented train waits for us ("Esslinger" DMU) and takes us to Viechtach.
There is some time to eat something and have a look around, before we drive back to Gotteszell with that DMU (but the way back, we share the train with other people).
Then its around 13-14:00 and the first people are heading home, because most of them have to work on monday again.

As far I know, every particiant has been satisfied in the past, especially because they meet other trainz players.
We also got a video projector, so we can have presentations of routes or trainz content there.

My english isn't perfect, but i think we will be able to communicate.
Until now, 20 people joined already, maybe you know some usernames: Participant-list (currently 15 TrainzDepot - users with 5 companions, like wife, child, ...)

I hope so :cool:

edit:
If there are further questions, don't hesitate to ask me either here or via private message.
I also can help you registering for our meeting, just contact me :)

Last edited:
Great idea.

I hope you have fun down there, sounds like an awesome program you came up with.
Its a bit over my budget to get there, but the idea deserves replication.
;)

Gruß aus Hamburg

@Isegrinns

Right, its far from Hamburg,
but people come from all parts of germany.
Maybe you can join one of the others?
As you can see here, one participant comes from Winsen (Luhe), thats near you.
He comes by car, so maybe he could pick you up and you share the costs?

I also can help you registering for our meeting, just contact me :)
Thanks for offering, but I pass.
Friend of me is getting married that Friday. I should have thought of that before asking for more information, but then again maybe others can also profit from your English explanation.

Yeah, that might be an option.
I keep it in mind and see what the "outernetz" says about it.
:)
Would love to make some contacts which are NOT overseas!
Thanks man!

One month remaining to join us! :)

Registrations for our meeting is possible until 28th July (need to book hotel, trains and such)!

Back